Quantcast

Critical Mass!!!!!!!!!!!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I dont know why no one else has posted here. I guess they are all down in Enumclaw(is that funny or sick). I think the fair might still be going on. Whats that midnight bike race all about around Greenlake? That sounds interesting-after everyones half gassed having some sort of race. It sounds like you will be having fun anyway even if no one from here shows up.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
i dont think anyone wants to argue about CM this time around. A while back there was a pretty good Bitch session about that event, and i think most here dont really see CM as a thing to participate in....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i was gonna go, but i just wanna get outta town as soon as i get my bike built. i been busy working at a sewage treatment plant down by the train tracks, so i'm tired of smelling the peoples of Seattles caca.

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
I might just take a detour to downtown on the way home. Hopefully I can add to the "mass" and dilute the angry anarchy a little... ;)

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Borregokid said:
I dont know why no one else has posted here. I guess they are all down in Enumclaw(is that funny or sick). I think the fair might still be going on. Whats that midnight bike race all about around Greenlake? That sounds interesting-after everyones half gassed having some sort of race. It sounds like you will be having fun anyway even if no one from here shows up.
I've never done the race since it's way past my bedtime. I bet there's some good crashes! And yes I will have a good time!

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
I'm happy to report it was a great ride. There were about 300 riders, in my estimation, taking up about 1.5 city blocks, two lanes wide. Not very many people shouting holier-than-thou slogans, which is what turned me off last time.

My only criticism is that there were a few people riding in oncoming lanes, which seems less than constructive to me.

It was a nice way to turn my 15 minute commute into a 2:45 cruise from the UW to down town, up capitol hill, back up to the U district, and eventually around Greenlake where I conveniently live. Lots of fun and cameraderie, people on messenger bikes, long haul commuters, mountain bikes, bmx kids doing 360 bunnyhops the whole way, tall bikes, trailers with stereos, on and on and on. I even saw a girl on a surly cross bike with aero bars... not sure what's up with that :)

Anyway, good fun, if you're in Seattle on a bike the last Friday of the month, check it out!