Quantcast

Critical Race Theory

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah, this guy should be making decisions.

“I introduced a very brief version of the bill to start the conversation, but it’s very difficult in this cancel society to have a frank discussion about racism in this country and this country’s history,

Literally what CRT does from a US legal standpoint :rofl:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Heard an interesting tidbit today, something to the effect that the USA wasn’t actually a true democracy until 1965 (civil rights act passed).
That’s gonna bunch some panties.

But with revisionist fucktwats like Kayleigh out there, there is little hope of truth telling taking hold anytime soon.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It touts itself as a "democratic republic" but it really seems more like a banana republic if we're honest... :disgust:
all I know is that I'm going to keep voting for low upper bracket tax rates so that totally normal people like this can rain trickle down their greatness upon me

and yes that's where I live

because I like to be surrounded by inherited wealth job creators

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
all I know is that I'm going to keep voting for low upper bracket tax rates so that totally normal people like this can rain trickle down their greatness upon me

If you ever see him, go create some jobs for the morgue

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

Fucking Choad.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Great Tucker Beatdown!

Dear Tucker Carlson,
Hey Tuck, I just got done watching a segment of your show. You know, the one where you suggest that there should be a camera in every classroom in order to root out…let me get this accurate…”civilization ending poison.” https://twitter.com/ndrew.../status/1412566208763895810

I’m going to zig where you thought most teachers would zag. I welcome your Orwellian cameras in my classroom. Frankly, I don’t know many teachers who would object to having people watch what we do. As a matter of fact, I hate to tell you this Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson, but most of us spent the last year having video cameras in our classrooms.

See, I think you believe that your suggestion that people see what happens in our classrooms will somehow scare teachers. The truth of it is that we have been begging for years to have people, such as yourself, come into our classrooms. I somewhat famously asked Ms. DeVos to visit a public school before she became Secretary of Education (https://www.huffpost.com/.../an-intr...on-from-public...). It’s unclear whether she has yet to set foot in an actual public school classroom, but I digress. I sense that you think you’ll see all of us pinko teachers speaking endlessly about Critical Race Theory leading to…and again, let me get this right, “civilization ending poison.” I’ve been in a lot of classrooms (more than you I am willing to bet) and I think you’re going to be disappointed on that front.

What happens in America’s classrooms is teaching and learning. Your “spy cameras” will see teachers and students working together to be better every day. I’ll tell you what I saw on a tour of classrooms not that long ago. I saw a group of kindergartners trying to create bridges over running water with basic classroom supplies in a lesson about collaboration. I saw a high school literature class talking about the character development in The Glass Menagerie. I saw a middle school history class participating in group project where they had to solve problems in a fictional city, with specifics of how they would utilize resources and build public support for their projects. Anyone watching your cameras will see learning…all day every day.

For those who watch your “nanny cams” carefully, they’ll see a lot of other things as well. They will see teachers working with students who have vastly different life experiences. They will see students who are fluent in multiple languages working with teachers to become proficient in yet one more language. They will see students who are hungry get their one solid meal a day in the cafeteria. They will see students itching for more fine arts, industrial technology, or world languages to be offered in their school. In my classroom, if we’re being honest, they’ll probably hear some sketchy intonation from my saxophones, and I promise we’re working on it. But for sure, they will see learning…all day every day.

To be honest, I’m fascinated by the logistics of your proposal. In a world where school districts are struggling to recruit and maintain teachers, who is going to man your “citizen review boards” (setting aside the fact that public school teachers already answer to publicly elected school boards)? For instance, in my school district I sense you would need well over 500 cameras going every day. Who watches those 500 screens 10 hours a day (I want you watching my 7 am jazz band and my after school lessons)? What qualifications would these “experts” need to know what they were watching for? What happens when they catch a teacher teaching…let me get this right…”civilization ending poison?” Who do they report that to? I’m also curious who will pay for all of this incredible technology. Maybe I missed it, but can you point me to a K-12 institution where Critical Race Theory is being taught? Hell, can you define Critical Race Theory for all of us? I’m sure you’ve got answers to all of these questions.

Frankly, I’ve never been able to figure out, instead of dreaming up Orwellian plans to have Big Brother in all of our classrooms, why you don’t round up an army of bright young conservatives to actually step up and teach? Is it because teachers work hard, aren’t paid as much as those with similar educational backgrounds, don’t have support from our elected officials, constantly serve as punching bags for those who don’t understand public education, or is it just because it’s easier to throw rocks at a house than to build one?

Here’s the real deal Tuck, I grew up with my mom making me eat your family’s Salisbury Steaks once every couple of weeks (his family makes Swanson TV dinners) for many years. I struggle to take advice on teaching and learning from a guy who makes a steak that, on its best day, tastes like shoe leather that has been left out in a goat pasture for a few weeks. I get that Critical Race Theory is your latest attempt to scare your easily manipulated demographic, but let’s just admit that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

With all of that being said, count me on the cameras Tucky. Like many teachers, I’m in the early stages of understanding Critical Race Theory (most of us hadn’t heard about it until you and your people started crying about it), but if you find me teaching it, have one of the Tucker Youth watching your surveillance devices let me know. If Critical Race Theory involves talking honestly about American history, I’m probably doing that sometimes. I spent much of the last six years advocating for a way for teaching to become more transparent, and in the dumbest way possible, you are joining that crusade. Let’s make this happen TV Dinner Boy.

Sincerely,
Patrick J. Kearney
Actual Teacher

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My father is a right wing nut case and until a year ago every conversation turned to him trying to convince me of the latest conspiracy theory. Then he got pretty sick with prostate cancer, he kind had a moment of self-realization facing death and stopped bringing up politics in conversations, it was rather nice being able to have normal conversations with the old man. Well he has started feeling better and is in the clear on the cancer front. Today when I called him he kept talking about how the Air Force is spending over 4 weeks per person in Critical Race Theory training replacing all technical training, and as a result airplanes are crashing and people are dying. No attempts to just change the subject were successful. I guess I don't feel the need to try to talk to him again until feels the icy breath of the reaper once again.

From the event he was explaining an airplane crashed in 2018 because a wrong part was installed in 2012 due to the the lack of training.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My father is a right wing nut case and until a year ago every conversation turned to him trying to convince me of the latest conspiracy theory. Then he got pretty sick with prostate cancer, he kind had a moment of self-realization facing death and stopped bringing up politics in conversations, it was rather nice being able to have normal conversations with the old man. Well he has started feeling better and is in the clear on the cancer front. Today when I called him he kept talking about how the Air Force is spending over 4 weeks per person in Critical Race Theory training replacing all technical training, and as a result airplanes are crashing and people are dying. No attempts to just change the subject were successful. I guess I don't feel the need to try to talk to him again until feels the icy breath of the reaper once again.

From the event he was explaining an airplane crashed in 2018 because a wrong part was installed in 2012 due to the the lack of training.
Start teaching him about critical cancer theory, that faux news gave him cancer

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Not sure who to attribute this to but it is beautifully compassionate response to fear of the Critical Race Theory. I'm at the point where I roll my eyes . I'm really glad not everyone is at that point.

"Two days ago, I tried to explain Critical Race Theory to a friend of mine who had asked me, “So, are you going to have to teach CRT in your classroom this year?”

I swallowed hard and started to ask him questions instead of acting on my defensiveness. First, I wanted to determine what he knew about CRT. After a few minutes, I understood that it was little more than the talking points from right wing media, which by the way, all contain a tiny little kernel of truth that has been misrepresented and overblown to make it overly simplistic and scary to those who have never encountered CRT till now.

In the next few minutes, I drilled down to try to figure out what he was actually upset about. In the course of our conversation, I came to see that he is scared, actually terrified, that the world has changed, is changing and likely will change even more in the next few decades. The changes scare him because he sees people who don’t look like him or share his opinions, beliefs and background demanding equality, inclusion and respect. He sees them moving into positions of power, though too slowly, and he rightly understands that as they do so, people who look like him and feel as he does will have to re-assess lots of things they have assumed were true and taken for granted.

In the next part of our conversation, I asked when he learned about the race massacres in various cities around the country in the decades following the end of Reconstruction and leading up to the passage of the Civil Rights Act. I asked him about redlining and the other racially motivated practices that have created the wealth gap, the education gap and the health gap. I asked him about a lot of historical events. To his credit, he took the questions seriously, offered his objections and then listened when I offered him ways to verify what I was telling him. He asserted that it was actually LBJ’s Great Society that created the “culture of dependence” and poverty that we suffer from now. I asked him if he thought that a incomplete social overhaul that came after the Civil Rights Act and was intended to right some of the generational inequalities and injustices could actually have been the primary cause of the struggles that still face so many people. I asked him if that program was more to blame than the century of systemic discrimination, prejudice and racism of Jim Crow. I pushed him hard. In the end, he agreed that common sense would indicate that three and and a half centuries of built-in racism probably had more of an impact. I assured him that this fuller story of our history is what most of the loudest voices on the right have neatly, but erroneously, packaged as CRT.

As we wrapped it up, I returned to his initial question,but I posed it to him in a different form. I asked him if he thought I should teach all of the facts, the full story of history, in my classroom or if I should neglect to mention the facts when they reflected negatively on our past choices and policies. He is a musician, so I asked him to consider how he learned to play. Did he only play the easy passages over and over when he was learning songs or did he hunker down on the tougher bits and rehearse them over and over, slowly at first, then up to speed, till he could play them. He understood what I was saying. We ended as friends but on a deeper level. He is a good dad, a good husband and a great songwriter. I am worried about him. I love him. But I am not going to make it easy on him, nor should he make it easy on me. We are friends. The iron for each other’s steel.

That’s what all this about. A more perfect union. It was never supposed to be finished. When it’s finished, it will no longer exist. A song is a song only when it’s playing. A kiss is a kiss only when we’re kissing. To quote W.H. Auden, “We will love one another or die.”

So, yes, to answer his question, I will use ideas from CRT in my classroom when they are illustrative and helpful, just as I will use New Historicism, Structuralism, New Criticism, Reader Response, and any number of other critical approaches to literature and history, both “conservative” and “liberal,” if they promote deeper reflection, critical thinking, discernment and learning. My job is to create better humans and to give them the tools that will allow them to be the better humans they are meant to be based on their choices and their beliefs, not mine. But none of us can be better humans if we fight straw men instead of the real enemies that threaten to destroy us all—poverty, inequality, injustice, and the lies that propagate and perpetuate them."

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Heard an interesting tidbit today, something to the effect that the USA wasn’t actually a true democracy until 1965 (civil rights act passed).
That’s gonna bunch some panties.

But with revisionist fucktwats like Kayleigh out there, there is little hope of truth telling taking hold anytime soon.
The US isnt a true democracy yet. Popular vote can be legally overruled, and there have been elections where some votes counted "more" than others.
I think the "electoral college" and the gerrmandering prevent it from being a true democracy.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
you mean the 'how long have you been a pedophile enabler' tomato throwing white supremacist show?

No, what happened?
Ted Cruz spoke in calm polite manner and lavished the educated black lady with praise befitting the position she was applying for. And Lindsey Graham was a rational example of raw masculinity restrained for the benefit of others. Was truly a breath of fresh air.

Psych !

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Daisy Derp MctruckMouth esteemed senator Marsha Blackburn was incredible. The wisdom. The grace.....

Please let me be a real Nazi Josh Howdy Doody Hawley really expressed the concerns of Qanon adherents quite well. He's surprisingly articulate for a yale douche.