Quantcast

Critique my 180

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
I shouldn't be making judgement because its rare that I clean a 180, but you kinda do the mountainbike 180. What I mean by that is you don't really use a bunny hop motion, you just kinda sling it 2" off the ground. Thats not really a big deal unless you wanna do them up or over something I suppose. Try lifting your front like your going to bunnyhop then lift your tail as your 30-50 degrees into your rotation. Once again I can't clean 180s most of the time so I feel weird critiquing you, but thats just what I see. Props on getting it.

pHeller

Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Ya dude, your swinging it pretty hard. Nothing wrong with that, but my 90s are way higher off the ground than your 180. However, I suck, so that is a likely culprit.

In watching BMX guys do 180's, they almost have the front wheel at 90 before the back wheel leaves the ground, and they don't carve much to do so.

Again, since I suck, I refuse to say more.

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
Yeah, I've been reviewing the video for awhile and agree that it's just a hard throw rather than starting with a bunnyhop.

I really want to get the form right so I'll have to keep working on it.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i still can't clean them really and i'm on a bmx, but part of the reason is i'm trying to break myself of the habit of swinging the bike. it'll look far better and feel far better if you can learn to just bunnyhop and use your hips and head motion to bring the bike around. i'm starting to get it, but it is hard to learn once you've gotten in the habit of carving.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
if you slow down your movements and are able to seperate them into segments you can get them higher if that your goal.

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
Well, my goal is simply to get them smooth and effortlessly at any height.
My bunnyhops are done correctly but I haven't been able to transfer it to the 180 yet.

For those who can 180 at will, especially on a 26, how much speed do you need?.. Or can you do it at practically any speed?

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
180s can be done at any speed. even standing still. its all about shifting your weight at the right time which depends on how high you need to 180