Quantcast

Crocs: I know you have a pair.

Tell us about your Croc fetish.

• I have a pair of Crocs that I love.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I have numerous pairs of Crocs.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Crocs are totally gay, but I have some.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I have some offbrand of Crocs therefore Im safe from the stigma.

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have my Katrina flip flops and a pair of nike sandles. My daughter has crocs as they are cute on her.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I have a pair of "off-road" Crocs that an ex-gf bought me. They have literally never been on my feet. My conscience won't let me put them in a landfill.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
With severe heel spurs, they are way comfortable despite being way hippy-gay.

My wife loves 'em. Has a Tony Stewart pair..

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal

And I don't own any. However, I used my wifes crocs to props the bedroom door up an inch so I could screw it into the frame.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Crocs are my change into backpacking shoe. They are light and coupled with wool socks, very warm. I used to wear them religiously until i got a pair of Chacos. I haven't worn my crocs since.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I have two pairs of scutes (one at my house and one at my girlfriend's house) and absolutely love em. with all the metal in my right foot I cannot walk barefoot on hard surfaces, these are great for around the house - feels like you're not wearing any sandals.

I don't like any of the other croc models tho

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I once received two pair for free, and I gave them away. Just not for me.

The hate is pretty funny though, I didn't realize that the RM fashion whore syndrome goes beyond being a diva about bikes.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The team I ride for got a sponsorship with Crocs this season, so I now own a few pair - including one pair in Yeti turquoise which is nice since Yeti is our primary sponsor. I've always thought they were ugly as sin and for the most part still think they look pretty ridiculous unless you're wearing cook's pants or scrubs, but they are comfy and "easy" when you're at a bike race and not wanting to trudge around the expo area in your SPD shoes.

I'm Full Trucker, I own and wear a pair of turquoise Crocs, and I am not a homosexual that I am aware of so suck it.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
i have a pair of hand made moccasins ... but no crocs ... meh, if i was to wear something like that i would just go back to the 80's and get me some flip-flops.
:stupid: I love my mocs, made them myself when I was working at a moc maker back in high school. These ones here:
Of course mine are considerably worn in at this point and by far the most comfortable shoes I own.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
No, I don't wear fugly footwear to fit in. My girls have 'em, though, and promptly got blisters from the little pivot button while wearing 'em sockless. My wife bought them for the kids because I'm a big meanie and wouldn't have bothered.

I just can't believe grown men have bought into this laughable trend and are wearing 'em in public to restaurants and crap. Nasty, obnoxious plastic-louvered crocks of $hit, they are, and one more wonky joke to separate fools from their money.

It IS amusing to watch how they permeate through society, however, and catching the first nervous glances of a new Crocs devotee' longing for the opiate of societal acceptance.

"Is that couple in the corner laughing at my new clown shoes or just sharing a private moment? Hmmmmm...maybe I shouldn't have bought them. Does anybody else here have 'em on that I can throw a knowing nod to? I hope nobody else can smell my feet. When the waitress dropped off icewater and bread, she DID look down towards my dirtdawgs and smile. Was it my Crocs that caught her eye or my goldfilled dolphin/hearts toering?"​

HA-ha!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
No crocs. No flip-flops either. Can't do it. Something inside me is repulsed by not-shoes.

And why do kitchen people think they are great? The holes are for what function? To let your fetid toe-spooge out - hot grease & crumbs in?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
My dad has a pair.

If that wasn't enough, they're hot, sweaty, and don't seem that comfy.

Just don't get it.

BillT

Monkey
My 3 year old daughter has 2 pair. She's had them for a while and we liked them because they were easy for her to put on (she hates getting help). She doesn't wear them too much these days as her never favorite shoes are a pair of pink sandles with big, sparkly 'diamonds' on them.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ha this thead about worthless footwear got me to thinking about just what I put on my feet when off the bike

Work [Fire and Ambulance jobs] Red Wing Boots with 8" tops

around the house and in town New Balance trail running shoes

hiking Montrail Torre GTX

rafting Tevas with buckles

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I tried a pair on. I felt violated afterwards. I still have trouble talking about it... Excuse me for a second...

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I don't own any, and won't buy them.
The closest thing I have to hippy shoes is a pair of Nike sport sandals I wear during scuba surface intervals.

Although... if somebody gifted me with a pair of Crocs, I'd happily play with them and some chemicals to see what kind of gay-marshmallow-coloured napalm I could mix up...

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I don't own any, and won't buy them.
The closest thing I have to hippy shoes is a pair of Nike sport sandals I wear during scuba surface intervals.

Although... if somebody gifted me with a pair of Crocs, I'd happily play with them and some chemicals to see what kind of gay-marshmallow-coloured napalm I could mix up...
You better be careful talking ish about teh CROCS, or else you too may get a sweet custom name....:bonk::nopity::banana: