Quantcast

Crocs: I know you have a pair.

Tell us about your Croc fetish.

• I have a pair of Crocs that I love.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I have numerous pairs of Crocs.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Crocs are totally gay, but I have some.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I have some offbrand of Crocs therefore Im safe from the stigma.

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I refused for a long, long time. But since Ive been working in the backcountry a bit, I see why everyone uses them for camp shoes instead of japflaps. They're light, grippy and cover your feet from bees and copperheads. So I bought some "Airwalk" crocs at payless a week ago. They are camoflage. How manly is that?

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Have 2 pair. Think they're uber hideous. On the other hand they are incredibly comfortable. Love wearing em on my way to go ride the bike. Makes things easy.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
no crocs.. ever....

i do have several pairs of Sanuks

and a pair of Mions which is a former partner of keens.

Oh yeah and plenty of keens.

with all those options who would own crocs??

metalchef87

Chimp
Aug 24, 2008
Berea, Kentucky
I really don't care what anyone says, I work in the restaurant industry as a cook and wear crocs. They are uber comfortable and they protect your feet from whatever comes at them. Plus they are 40 bucks a pair compared to the 100 plus danskos and other brands that are popular....

ride26

Monkey
Nov 24, 2005
Henniker NH
NO...NEVER

IMO no stright man should wear them...sorry I really don't mean to offend anyone I just think they are a bit flamboyant
I would never put a pair on my son or myself

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Maddox said:
When I see people wearing Crocs, I know immediately that we have nothing in common, and that we could never be friends or have any meaningful kind of relationship. They come in every color imaginable yet look bad with every other article of clothing ever created. The only thing that goes with Crocs is social ostracism.

To their credit though, Crocs serve as an excellent idiot barometer; you can tell a lot about people wearing them. For example, Amazon.com suggest products that other customers have purchased based on the item you're shopping for. Here are the suggestions for Crocs *( Below)

When it comes to shoes, there are usually three deciding factors: quality, price, and style. Some shoes are cheap and stylish, but poor quality, while others are stylish and durable, but expensive. Crocs usually go for $30-$60, which doesn't sound like much for a shoe, until you consider that what you're really paying for are melted pellets squirted into a cast-iron mold in some province in China. Crocs have the rare combination of being expensive, poor quality, and ugly. It's quite a feat for one shoe to suck this bad.

People who wear Crocs go on and on about how comfortable they are, and how it's supposedly odor resistant because it's made out of some kind of anti-bacterial foam. Great point, dip****s! You know what else it's resistant to? You getting laid. Then as if the shoes weren't disgusting enough, Crocs introduced a product called "Crocs butter" that's supposed to restore that illustrious injection-molded sheen to those gaping holes they call shoes:

You know that feeling you get when you're full and slightly nauseous and you burp and you can taste the partly digested food in the back of your throat? There isn't a word in the english language to succinctly describe it, but I will hereby refer to it as: croc-butter.
Thanks Maddox my thoughts exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Amazon.com suggest products that other customers have purchased based on the item you're shopping for. Here are the suggestions for Crocs *( Below)
Ok.

#1 - why in the world would one want to purchase PBR Light???

#2 - You must be a pretty big alcoholic if you're too drunk to even stumble your drunk ass down to the liquor store and have to resort to purchasing booze online.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
When I see people wearing Crocs, I know immediately that we have nothing in common, and that we could never be friends or have any meaningful kind of relationship. They come in every color imaginable yet look bad with every other article of clothing ever created. The only thing that goes with Crocs is social ostracism.

To their credit though, Crocs serve as an excellent idiot barometer; you can tell a lot about people wearing them. For example, Amazon.com suggest products that other customers have purchased based on the item you're shopping for. Here are the suggestions for Crocs *( Below)

When it comes to shoes, there are usually three deciding factors: quality, price, and style. Some shoes are cheap and stylish, but poor quality, while others are stylish and durable, but expensive. Crocs usually go for $30-$60, which doesn't sound like much for a shoe, until you consider that what you're really paying for are melted pellets squirted into a cast-iron mold in some province in China. Crocs have the rare combination of being expensive, poor quality, and ugly. It's quite a feat for one shoe to suck this bad.

People who wear Crocs go on and on about how comfortable they are, and how it's supposedly odor resistant because it's made out of some kind of anti-bacterial foam. Great point, dip****s! You know what else it's resistant to? You getting laid. Then as if the shoes weren't disgusting enough, Crocs introduced a product called "Crocs butter" that's supposed to restore that illustrious injection-molded sheen to those gaping holes they call shoes:

You know that feeling you get when you're full and slightly nauseous and you burp and you can taste the partly digested food in the back of your throat? There isn't a word in the english language to succinctly describe it, but I will hereby refer to it as: croc-butter.
Thanks Maddox my thoughts exactly.

A link to the original article would've been a lot better.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I really don't care what anyone says, I work in the restaurant industry as a cook and wear crocs. They are uber comfortable and they protect your feet from whatever comes at them. Plus they are 40 bucks a pair compared to the 100 plus danskos and other brands that are popular....
+1 :thumb:

-Devil-

Chimp
Jun 27, 2008
West Monroe, LA
i have a pair of hand made moccasins ... but no crocs ... meh, if i was to wear something like that i would just go back to the 80's and get me some flip-flops.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:stupid:

WTF? "No yuppie sandals here" yet you'll fork out $50+ for a pair of designer leather pads with a strap?
I've had my current pair for 7 years. I call that a worthwhile purchase, especially since I paid $30 for them.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i have wool keens, the leadville. $30 at steepandcheap.com. normally i'd not think much of them but for that price i'm, well, keen on them.