Quantcast

Cross country bike ride...anyone ever do it?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I think he means ride a bike across the USA.

I haven't done it, but if you do, let me know when you're in Colorado and I'll try to join you for a couple of segments. There are lots of people doing it, check out other forums (like bikeforums.net) and maybe you can hook up with some of them.

By lots, I mean maybe 100 :)

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I'm thinking of doing one after college lets out. I have a friend who has ridden both ways and I believe she has done east to west twice. I talked with her about it and the advice she gave me was to have big gears for the flat states. You just want to get through them as quickly as possible. Also, get used to riding with panniers and campng gear on your bike as it takes some getting used to. If you are planning it for summer of next year let me know, I'd be interested in it.

The Ito

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I was working in Nebraska for the Air Force when I drove up to a rider. I thought that it was odd to see someone riding a bike in Nebraska, so I pulled up along side of him and had a little chat.

He was riding from Florida to Washington.

I had some work to do, so I bid him farewell.

Later that day, some tornados were coming through the area. I was working again, and actually found the rider. I warned him about the tornados, and he just kind of shrugged them off.

That was the last time I saw him, and I wonder if he made it through all right.