Quantcast

Cross Country on Cyclocross

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
I race cross, but I don't feel like using my cross bike for the race, would the majority of people get pis$ed if I would use my K-Monkey>????
:confused:

Aug 27, 2004
K-monkey??!!
if thats a mountain bike than no... i see and watch plenty of people racing cross with their cross country bike..

Aug 27, 2004
sorry bout that sbove i thought you ment the opposite...um, i have never seen anyone with a cross bike in a cross-country race...i dunno if thats legal is it? i guess it might be but i'm not sure...you should go for it...it'd be sweet if you could!

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
It would not bug me if your KM was set up with road bars and CX tires.

However, if you show up with bar ends, suspension fork, 2.1" tires.....then I feel that I would be at a disadvantage.

Like the guy said above.....don't see anyone entering XC races on the CX bikes.

mtnbikej

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
mtnbikej said:
Like the guy said above.....don't see anyone entering XC races on the CX bikes.

mtnbikej
I've actually seen it many a times. Granted you have to do it on the boring fireroad/singletrack courses, but it can and has been done.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
ilikebikes444 said:
sorry bout that sbove i thought you ment the opposite...um, i have never seen anyone with a cross bike in a cross-country race...i dunno if thats legal is it? i guess it might be but i'm not sure...you should go for it...it'd be sweet if you could!
I've seen it plenty of times, they were carrying it up the rocky tech hills though.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
From your question it seems you are asking if/can/has anyone raced an xc mtb race on a 'cross bike right?
Yeah, I do it all the time, as do many of my road teamates and coaching clients. On many xc race courses 'cross bikes are much faster, and definetly more fun.

I've raced on all sorts of XC courses on cross bikes, I mean hell isn't that what 34c tires are made for?

NCBikingJim

Chimp
Jul 24, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
I've also raced my CX bike several times on a XC course. It blows some peoples minds when they see you out there, but that's part of the fun of doing it. Of course you get beat up a lot more with a CX bike without having suspension like one would with a mountain bike.