Quantcast

Cross post, Trail Maintance Pics !

splat

Nam I am
I posted them locally , might as well let every one see them .

Today was a vietnam treal day , and it was a perfect day for it.
we had about 20 - 25 poeple and a Thanks goes out to the Boston Chapter of Nemba for letting us use their trailer.

here we are starting work on the berm ( actually we started this on the tuesday night crew , but today it was time to finish it. )

and my Kids were working too

Dirt was shoveled

Trees were cut

But the Berm was not the only thing being worked there were several other things being worked on .

Here a Tranny is being built for a new drop

Rock Bars got lots of work

Pizza for lunch would be consummed

one big old rock getting moved .

Meanwhile, up by the new drop with a new Rock jump , they were having there own issues with rocks.

but a comealong is a wunderful tool!

and the Kids worked hard too! never too young to swing a pick axe

and a little fun could be had also

one Berm -- Done

the drop must be tested

and the rock jump follow up.

and now for the berm

time to call it a day

Time to pack up the trailer

and fianlly Ed , our shuttle driver brining the last of the crew back, for well earned burgers and Beers !

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
That stuff looks fun!! Wish our trails had more features like that. Unfortunately we have a hard time getting 3 people to come out for maintenance days let alone the crew you guys get. :(

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
McGRP01 said:
That stuff looks fun!! Wish our trails had more features like that. Unfortunately we have a hard time getting 3 people to come out for maintenance days let alone the crew you guys get. :(
When are you coming out to ride 'Nam, slacker? Davis has two trips on you. :devil: It's a little different here, there's more people obviously, but a bigger bike scene in general. You should see the trail tool selection inside of the maint trailer. :eek:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
berkshire_rider said:
There's still two transitions to be built, and a couple of new trail enhancements. It's a lot of fun built into .8 miles of trail. :dancing:
Update with more pictures when complete please.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
looks like you guys worked pretty hard and got the job done!!! awesome!!!!!! that drop looks like some fun

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I Are Baboon said:
Me and Splat are playing hooky Friday for a Vietnam ride. *nudge nudge wink wink*
well i was out last friday (golf outing) and am heading up to bromont sat to ride w/ DRB's favorite monkey. looking a bit doubtful. plus, i'm gonna skip out early tomorrow afternoon so i can hit the topsfield fair w/ my family.