Quantcast

CrossMax ss29er

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I have read a few reviews on other sites about these hoops and for the most part people like them. I did notice a few people mention about some squishy feeling in them especialyy when they are over 200ls.. which I am.
I was wondering if anyone on here rides them and if so what they think of them...

I have an opportunity to by them at a very very good price...
I was looking at the synchros wheelset which I like very much so but the price on the croissmax is outstanding so it may be worth it to buy them instead

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I've ridden both. The Syncros are more of an "all mountain" strong stiff type of wheelset, the Crossmax - more towards the XC spectrum compared to the Syncros. But if the price is right...........Can you give them a test ride or two before buying or deciding to pass on them? If so, that's the way to go.

Cheers,

Mark

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I've ridden both. The Syncros are more of an "all mountain" strong stiff type of wheelset, the Crossmax - more towards the XC spectrum compared to the Syncros. But if the price is right...........Can you give them a test ride or two before buying or deciding to pass on them? If so, that's the way to go.

Cheers,

Mark
I guess i could ask.. we will see.. I dont mind the extra weight, i would rather know a wheelset will handle any abuse.. and my weight without any problems...
The crossmax spokes scare me. I can get the wheelset new for around $500 which I believe the syncros are going to be the same

Thanks for the input!!

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
I had a set of the Crossmax 29ers last year. I'd always liked my 26" Mavic wheel sets and I liked these...BUT since, I have ridden a few other hubs and can not stand the Mavic engagement. I know it's nitpicky, but especially now on a Freewheel, the Mavic Engagement on the Mavics I rode last week was sickening.

That said, I don't know how the engagement on the Synchros is....