Quantcast

CrossMax XL UST isn't holding air...it's leaking thru the spokes...

RPG

Monkey
Jun 14, 2004
All over New England
My front tire isn't holding air very long. I did notice when I was mounting them that their were soap bubbles forming around the spoke nipple. Any idea how to fix it? I figure I'd ask before I mess things up worse.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
RPG said:
My front tire isn't holding air very long. I did notice when I was mounting them that their were soap bubbles forming around the spoke nipple. Any idea how to fix it? I figure I'd ask before I mess things up worse.

Put a tube in it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry, somebody had to say it.

mtnbikej

RPG

Monkey
Jun 14, 2004
All over New England
Is this normal though? I was going to get stans, but the guy at my shop said it wasn't nessessary. Why is air leaking through the nipples. Would stans fix that? Thanks.

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
replace your valve stem and that should fix it. it is probably leaking through the stem and into the rim itself.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
make sure none of the spokes poked through the rim, but most likely valve stem like thejames said.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Are they the newest style rims with "fore" drilling? If so then what you are describing in theory impossible. Of course it could be a warranty issue in which case anything is possible.

My guess is that "thejames" is correct in suspecting that it's something to do with the valve stem.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
If it really is the nipples or the nipploe holder things you might want to try some teflon tape on the nipple holders.