Quantcast

Crowder Mountain State Park...Input!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Got word from a little birdie that the new Superintendent at Crowder Mountain State Park is interested in involving MTB in their plans.

Any MTB riders, even DH...in the area need to motivate and organize ASAP to get involved.
Crowder Mountain Sate Park
522 Park Office Lane, Kings Mountain, NC 28086
(704) 853-5375
crowders.mountain@ncmail.net

Any clubs in that area that might be interested? Using SC's Paris Mtn State Park's trail system as an example might just seal the deal.
Get on the ball and keep me informed!!!

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Do you know any older guys or guys who don't race any more that would like to organize the troops. We could use a lead man for trail advocacy and racing. I don't think anyone wants us to do it.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Try to get in touch with Ti at Paris Mt. State Park. He is the Ranger that worked to get all the grants and the people to build our trails. I have his # at home and will try to remember to post it later. I know he will gladly give input to help.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
The tarheel trailblazers (www.tarheeltrailblazers.com) have been trying to get in there for about 20 years. We (www.bikepasa.com) will also have people working out there if the plan goes thru I'm sure. I have some friends that are on the greenway committee for kings mtn. The plan as I understand it is to first develop a greenway and then have trails that off shoot from the greenway system. I live about 20 minutes from crowders. Place has a mass of potential!

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
No doubt....we've been waiting for this land to open up to mountain bikers for a long time now. Good to see something positive is finally happening. Crowders Mtn would become a destination location on the east coast if it opened up to bikes.