Quantcast

Cruiser bikes

May 7, 2006
Alright, im a big rider (6'5" 210lb) whos lookin for a tough not tooooo heavy dj/street 24" cruiser that will hold my size ok if i get into some **** with the ground. I'm lookin right now at the FA Devil 24", the Haro Backtrail 24", or the DK General Lee 24", lookin for some opinions from some cruiser riders, or other cruisers that would be good. Thanks

May 7, 2006
yeah, i dont think i would have tooo much trouble with that, my .243 right now weighs a ton anyways, how is the DK compaired to the Backtrail?

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Well, I'm 6'4 and I have an older (2001) Haro Backtrail X24. I love it for the bmxy goodness without trying to fit on a 20". I haven't looked at the newer ones much though, but I don't think they come with 14mm axles anymore. If you are planning on grinding get something with 14mm. I've bent the rear axle a bit anyway even though it is a 14.

Anyway, weightwise, my X24 weighs in ~35-36lbs with one peg cut to half length and nice 3piece cranks on it.

May 7, 2006
I think the new backtrials have 3/8" axels (so like 10mm about) but im not gunna be doin any grinds mostly dj's and little street stuff, they look like pretty solid bikes alright.

lukedogg

Chimp
Nov 24, 2005
i rode a backtrail for a couple of years. i switched to an s&m rv (race version) and built it up. it's a great bike for racing, trails and street. plus the geometry makes for easier manauling and jumping. it costs a bit more than a complete buy, but it's well worth the money. i still ride my backtrails when i want to beat the **** out of something. it's a whole lot slower and bulkier than my s&m though.

Aug 2, 2004
I just bought a DK 24. Chose it over the backtrail because it has smaller chainstays and is much lighter. It hasn't arrived in the mail yet, so I'll report more when it comes in.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Don't ride 3/8" axles if you're that big. I wouldn't want to run them and I weigh 140 ish.

May 7, 2006
you think thats too small? well i think i'd just ride them till they break then get new ones, i'l see tho, im gunna go into the shop tomarow and see what they can do about the dk, that would be sweet :)