oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
From a friend in the know..........

Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 12:00 PM
Subject: Crystal OPENS Saturday!

Opening Advisory:

Four feet of new snow fell overnight at the summit of Crystal Mountain, and two feet at the base area. That was just enough for the Mountain Operations Manager, Scott Bowen, to make the call to open this weekend.

Crystal Mountain will open this Saturday, December 11th, 2004. The Discovery, Chinook Express, Forest Queen, Rainier Express & Green Valley chairlifts will shuttle skiers and snowboarders up the mountain from 8:30am-4pm.

Adult lift tickets, regularly $45, will be reduced to $40 on Saturday. Prices subject to change as more terrain becomes available.

For more information please refer to the attached Opening Release.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Yea, the parkinglot........ hahahahaha.... (really i dont know)
I didn't see anything about it on their site. Hummm......Anyone have the 411? It's the only snow sport Kevin will let me do.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
My free day is Sunday. Saturday is booked. I could be talked out of biking if there was someone headed up there in the snow.... My crap wagon cant make it up very far in the snow... 4x4 not workign right. the metalic grinding noise tells me to not use it. it would be tracked out sunday though...... HM......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
SR said:
ahaha...I can just see you laughing at yourself

are you thinking about going up?
I wanna be part of the crew that laughs at me so i laugh at myself..... makes me fit in.......

Any chance of sunday? We planned on going to Zoo lights in tacoma saturday night.... thats set in stone.

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
I Will Be Up There Monday, Can't Wait, Forget About Going To Crystal On Saturdays Unless You Love Lines. Even The Single Line Is Crazy!!

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
oly said:
I wanna be part of the crew that laughs at me so i laugh at myself..... makes me fit in.......

Any chance of sunday? We planned on going to Zoo lights in tacoma saturday night.... thats set in stone.

maybe...I just decided to go when I saw this thread!

I haven't even talked to Kelly yet ...would you go if it's sunday?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
SR said:
maybe...I just decided to go when I saw this thread!

I haven't even talked to Kelly yet ...would you go if it's sunday?
I think so. Ill ask my other half and you ask yours. PM me tomorrow..... Ill have to dig up a rock board......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
holliswood said:
I will be going up on Thursday next week after the whole opening day thing goes on this weekend. Anybody want to hook up let me know?

man, im feeling sick. Maybe ill have to schedule a doctors appointment that day.... Cough, Cough, Weeze....... ;)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
oly said:
man, im feeling sick. Maybe ill have to schedule a doctors appointment that day.... Cough, Cough, Weeze....... ;)
Yeah', you are looking a little ill! If you want to go drive up to my house Thursday morning and hop in with me, i will drive up to the mountain and we can go play in the snow! I just have to be home by 3 to pick Blaise up from school. Let me know? :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
holliswood said:
Yeah', you are looking a little ill! If you want to go drive up to my house Thursday morning and hop in with me, i will drive up to the mountain and we can go play in the snow! I just have to be home by 3 to pick Blaise up from school. Let me know? :thumb:
Will do, it depends on work, but since i got shafted on the whistler thing im owed a day on the snow...... Are you training? or just play riding?

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Some kid at SST said they're opening crystal next year to bikes... Not sure if he was in the know or talking out his ass.

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
oly said:
I could be talked out of biking if there was someone headed up there in the snow....
Damon, where are you going biking? Tage and I are probably going to want somewhere to ride so we don't have to ride our trails AGAIN!!

-mike

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
(I THINK HE IS... SNOWBOARDING) FYI Mike. Anyhoo, our trails are the best, and I plan to finish up the new run this weekend. We need to put something huge on it so we can Skewl on el Peter.
EDIT: All of the other trails we build should veer left at the top, that terrain is better.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
My free day is Sunday. Saturday is booked. I could be talked out of biking if there was someone headed up there in the snow.... My crap wagon cant make it up very far in the snow... 4x4 not workign right. the metalic grinding noise tells me to not use it. it would be tracked out sunday though...... HM......
Just forget about us other people that you started making riding plans with for Sunday
:p

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
There is snowshoeing at Paradise, but I'm not sure about blazed trails. There is at least one consistently blazed trail short of Paradise at the gate (the trail is across the road). I can get y'all details since I have a book, or you can just pick up Snowshoeing in Washington yourself :)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
oly said:
Will do, it depends on work, but since i got shafted on the whistler thing im owed a day on the snow...... Are you training? or just play riding?
Yeah, I heard all the K2 boys got to go to Whistler for a play day. That sucks you couldn't go! What the heck do you mean by training or playing? We would just be going up to ride and have fun. Let me know if you can make it happen?
See Ya!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
holliswood said:
Yeah, I heard all the K2 boys got to go to Whistler for a play day. That sucks you couldn't go! What the heck do you mean by training or playing? We would just be going up to ride and have fun. Let me know if you can make it happen?
See Ya!

Haha... yea. I didnt get to go... :( I meant was it anything to do for ski patrol? (training?) Or were you going for a play day. Im leaning more to thursday if i can afford it. $$ is tight right now because of Yaksmas day. I also have to clear it with my boss.

SR, im out for sunday. No $$, and its supposed to rain. Im gonna probably XC in cap instead.