Quantcast

Crystal Mountain Info!!!

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Some higher up in the Forest Servace told me he wished the ski areas would run thier lifts in the summer so folks wouldn't be so into building DH trails and stunts on FS land. I hope they run the lifts next summer, Canada is to far away.

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
Dave_Schuldt said:
Some higher up in the Forest Servace told me he wished the ski areas would run thier lifts in the summer so folks wouldn't be so into building DH trails and stunts on FS land. I hope they run the lifts next summer, Canada is to far away.
arent crystal and whistler like the same driving time from seattle?

Jun 18, 2004
From Sea (Ballard) to Crystal it takes 2hrs 15min... Ballard to Whistler takes 4hrs 30min... and that's if the boarder crossing goes smooth... but hey they used to run the chairlifts at Crystal... anybody remeber that?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Str8OutaBallard said:
From Sea (Ballard) to Crystal it takes 2hrs 15min... Ballard to Whistler takes 4hrs 30min... and that's if the boarder crossing goes smooth... but hey they used to run the chairlifts at Crystal... anybody remeber that?
i remember! and i used to live in lakewood (as in tacoma) so crystal was close.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Str8OutaBallard said:
2 hrs and 15 minutes? Sheesh you have your grandma drive you out there? :confused: ;)

and yes i remember the lifts, i also remember they only took you up part way (about a third of the way up, if that).

Sounds like the door is open to having a local lift park, just need squeeky wheels to get the ball rolling....

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Here's a vote for crystal to be the US version of Whistler!!! I some how don't think it's going to happen as crystal seems to be a skiers mountain. Nothing against skiers, it just seems that if it were more of a riders(snowboarder's) mountain like Baker, hood or Bachelor then I think the ball would get rolling faster. Anyhow, crystal takes me 45 min. from Puykallup ;)

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Crystal is Ideal, yiou can tell that the soil is good because there are many trees poking out during snowboarding season.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ioscope said:
Crystal is Ideal, yiou can tell that the soil is good because there are many trees poking out during snowboarding season.

good soil?wtf? what are we doing growing corn?

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Cypress opens next year too, save you two hours drive up the Sea to Sky highway!

We're going to have more and more choices in the next few years. You can already ride lift accessed trails in Oregon, and Idaho, as well!