Quantcast

CT Monkeys - I could use your help

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Well it has been a long struggle for me, but I've come to the conclusion that I should try to seek new homes or ideally one new home for my two dogs.

I'm living alone right now and going through a divorce and between my time at work, my time with my two sons and my other personal time, I do not have the proper time to give to my two dogs. Also with pending child support payments (it sucks to have to pay a cheating ex but it has to be done) I really can't afford to keep the dogs financially either.

I've been agonizing over this decision - but I think the time is right to try and find new homes for Bailey and Missy.

Bailey is an 8 year old Black Lab/Husky Mix and he's very well natured and good with kids and other dogs. He's been very well cared for and is not overweight and he acts like a dog half his age. He weighs about 70 pounds or so and would make a great family dog.

Missy is probably around 6 years old and she's a terrier/cattle dog mix. She's very affectionate, very fast, and loves attention - a really great dog. Very obedient.

Both Bailey and Missy were adopted from All breed rescue groups and they are both terrific dogs. I think they would do great in a home with kids or maybe even some other dogs and ideally they would do best if they could be adopted as a pair vs. being split up.

I'm looking for new homes for these guys - preferrably together and I would love for the new homes to be with good people/families in CT (preferably in the Greater Hartford Region) who would give these two the attention and time they deserve to have.

So if you are interested in adopting two fabulous dogs or if you know of someone or a family interested in adopting two dogs, please get in touch with me.

Thanks for any help you can provide me with this extremely tough decision.

Please feel free to PM me or email me at mmcg25@gmail.com for more information and/or to express interest in the dogs.

Much appreciated.

Mark

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I know you've been struggling with this decision, Mark, and you are only doing what you think is best for your pups. I certainly hope you can find a good home for them.

I can vouch that these are two great dogs. Exactly as Mark described. Both are very friendly and affectionate. If MBC and I ever get a dog, I can only hope it's as good a pooch as Mark's dogs are.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Sorry you have to make such a difficult decision Mark. I see you already posted it on bikerag, otherwise I was going to do it for you. I wish I had the time and space to adopt them, but I can't right now.

I'll ask around though and see if I can help find someone...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tonyhawk said:
Sorry you have to make such a difficult decision Mark. I see you already posted it on bikerag, otherwise I was going to do it for you. I wish I had the time and space to adopt them, but I can't right now.

I'll ask around though and see if I can help find someone...
Thanks Tony - with some training they'd make great mtb trail dogs.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I'm not Connecticut so I can't be of any help...but do you have any pics of your dogs you can post? Your description of them sounds so awesome, I just wanted to see them.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Update: Someone from the bikerag.com forum has expressed an interest in Missy.

I'd love to adopt them as a pair, but that could be tough. So I'll keep this thread updated in case it makes it easier for someone to adopt one of my two pupsters.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Mark,
My heart aches for you. That has to be one of the toughest decisions ever.

The girlfriend and I plan on having 2 dogs at some point, but we both know the time is not right yet.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Instigator - dogs are great - when the time is right for you and your girlfriend be sure to look into rescue organizations. Is Lollipop Farm still really active with that stuff in Rochester??