Quantcast

Cure for depression

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Jamsoul said:
BUT WHAT do u do when you are feeling suicidal and homocidal?

How do u get over those feelings? THats what I am struggling with.
TALK to someone. Seriously, I just picked up the phone, and called friends / family. Don't let it build up, the more I held it in, and kept my problems to myself, the harder it was to clear my head of thoughts of doing stupid things to myself / someone else. For me just getting it out in the open helped massive ammounts. That, and cranking lots and lots of Hatebreed. It's taken me 6 months to just get myself mostly stable. Sure, I have days where I take some major steps backwards, but I just figure tomorrow is another day, and try to start as fresh as possible. Also the week before last i watched "The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off" on TLC...Put all my "problems" into perspective.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
as pissed as i get at myself sometimes when i ride (or rather, ride poorly), it's still always the best therapy i could ask for to just go outside and be on my bike away from anything and everything that might be bugging me in the real world. i dont know where i would be if biking were not an anchor in my life.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
stoney98 said:
How's this. Could you walk up to your Dad, YOur Mom, your grandparents, you brother, your sister, your girlfriend, your best friend, the kid that looks up to you, your favorite teacher, your mentor, your aunt, uncle cousin, AND every other person who loves you, cares about you, would do anything for you, and would be the ones suffering if you were dead, and say F**K YOU, I don't love you, I don't care about you, there is nothing you can do to help me right now, and if there is/was, I didn't want your help.
Could you do that? Could you walk up to your mother and tell her bold faced, not in anger, but in your normal "hi mom I love you" voice. Can you do it? Try doing that before you do anything else, because if there is a single person in this world that loves you, you need to go straight to them and tell them what's going through your head and BEG them to help. It takes more of a man to ask for help them it takes to pull the trigger.
PM me if you ever want to talk. I've been on the egde before, and someone told me that exact thing. It kept me from doing anything rash. Saving my life was the most important thing my best friend ever did for me, and he did it by calling me once a day to say that he loved me, and that if I ever needed to talk, just to call him. He would drop anything to talk when I needed to talk. All I had to do was ask.
-stone
Good advice stone. You seem like a stand-up guy!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
BrokenChain said:
I moved from NH to ND after we got married. As soon as I found out what was going on I scraped togeter every penny I had and bought myself a plane ticket outta there. It's been hard because I'm in the town wher we met and dated, but all my friends are here too. I'll tell you, there were a couple times, where if one of my buddys hadn't answered his phone, I wouldn't be around right now. I won't lie and say that I don't get thoughts of soing stupid stuff anymore, however those times that I do, are MUCH fewer and MUCH farther between.

watch the movie "Swingers" (even if you already have) The end of the movie gives a good discription of how you get over things. You don't want to get over things, you feel misrable, you go on dates, and can't stop thinking about the EX SWINE...ETC ETc Etc etc... We've all been there, (at least the lucky ones IMO) then suddenly, without realizing it, the day comes when you are over it.

My advice, keep your head up. Ride your bike, try to do the things you love, and sooner or later things will just work out for the better. It will probably happen without even trying. Ride the storm out, you'll be fine.