Quantcast

curiosity made it!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Sooo Nasa has worked out the diference between Metric and Imperial then.

HUZZAH!!!

Jokes aside I am totally stoked with this, gonna be some interesting stuff happening. :)

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
This landing was tough. The lander had to hover on rockets, drop the rover, then move away. And the lag time is too long for human intervention.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
If it finds some evidence of life on another planet = :thumb:
If it finds nothing except for lots of dirt and rocks = :thumbsdown:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If it finds some evidence of life on another planet = :thumb:
If it finds nothing except for lots of dirt and rocks = :thumbsdown:
Who cares?

It's cool to explore. Neil deGrasse Tyson said on his twitter on Saturday, in regards to the Curiosity, "The day we stop exploring is the day we commit ourselves to live in a stagnant world, devoid of curiosity, empty of dreams."

Pushing the boundaries of what is possible is part of what inspires imagination. The simple fact that it's possible to attempt this, and that the elaborate landing mechanism worked, is pretty amazing. They shot off a rover that traveled 350 million miles and hit a landing patch of 48 square miles with a completely automated landing procedure. :monkey:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I've heard the feat they just accomplished is as if you "stood on top of the Empire State Building and shot a bullet aiming at the antenna on top of the Eiffel Tower and hit it".

They shot off a rover that traveled 350 million miles and hit a landing patch of 48 square miles with a completely automated landing procedure. :monkey:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Extremely impressive on the landing!! Super psyched to see what happens!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Oh great. Now NASA is going to come into the shop and demand we fully disassemble curiosity and reassemble it to find some imaginary creak.... I wonder if they are going to call the boss if we find nothing wrong and hand them the rover tomorrow the instant we unlock the front door? Will curiosity fit inside a Mercedes GLK350?