Quantcast

Curling is fun

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Just in case you didn't know, it is. It's totally radical.

I can't believe I've been on this Earth for so long, particularly in this country, having never tried the game of curling until this weekend.

It's pretty damned tricky.

And I'm actually sore today. I think I'm getting old.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Any game with a mandatory beer break in the middle is ok by me.
We did it for a work social event, sent one guy to the hospital.
Maybe it's my love for shuffle board but I had a lot of fun. Too bad it's wicked expensive in the states.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Any game with a mandatory beer break in the middle is ok by me.
We did it for a work social event, sent one guy to the hospital.
Maybe it's my love for shuffle board but I had a lot of fun. Too bad it's wicked expensive in the states.

Yeah, this was a work event, and so it was cheap. We didn't send anyone to the hospital, but there was a bottle of Crown Royal for whoever had the best wipeout. My boss should have won. He really ate it. Wasn't even close to recovering. Some chick from the BD department won. It's all politics...

I was pretty happy with my company golf shirt (already re-gifted to my father in law) and company tuque which I now "rock" with pride. (pun-tastic!)

I even made 2 shots which actually "curled" where I wanted them to. They were pretty spectacular.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
I was pretty happy with my company golf shirt (already re-gifted to my father in law) and company tuque which I now "rock" with pride. (pun-tastic!)
sorry, my canadian is weak... but tuque translates to beanie in American right?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
To me it seems more like bowling on ice than shuffle board. At least the level of athlete is the same with beer and smoke breaks.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i did some curling this morning....pizza and whiskey last night.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Do you folks have Pond Curling too? I find it cool that your country can still stand tall in face of the fact that all your national sports are lame and the whole world laughs at you behind your backs. Whats the name of the cup you win if you win the championship in curling? If fighting wasn't allowed in Hockey we would make fun of that too....

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Did some google'n and found a "women of curling" calendar... WOWee ZOWee :brows:

especially some of the shots from the 2009 calendar

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
do you folks have pond curling too? I find it cool that your country can still stand tall in face of the fact that all your national sports are lame and the whole world laughs at you to your face. Whats the name of the cup you win if you win the championship in curling? If fighting wasn't allowed in hockey we would make fun of that too....
fify.....

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
we need a "link or stfu" smilie....
I've already been hit with ban hammer for linking to the good stuff...

here's one that didn't make the calendar cuz it's SFW ....shrouded by NSFW just in case. The ones from the actual calendar would get me banned again.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Do you folks have Pond Curling too? I find it cool that your country can still stand tall in face of the fact that all your national sports are lame and the whole world laughs at you behind your backs. Whats the name of the cup you win if you win the championship in curling? If fighting wasn't allowed in Hockey we would make fun of that too....
Aren't you the same guy who is always talking about how sorta-semi-Canadian you are?

A FAIRWEAHTER CANUCK???? Poppycock!