Quantcast

Current lead time on 2008 Santa Cruz V10?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Does anyone have any idea what the wait time on a new V10 would be if I ordered it today? I want to get it before the Otter, and I know I am running late, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Any help out there in cyberia?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Five weeks I can work out just fine.

Just need to have it in hand by the 15th of April

Mark W

Chimp
Jan 28, 2004
Canada
I ordered mine at the end of November, and was told January. Still no sign of it. Not sure what to do. Don't think there is much I can do, but its a bit frustrating to see so many other people getting theirs now. Not sure why, but this happens to me every year, with every bike manufacturer I deal with.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Not sure why, but this happens to me every year, with every bike manufacturer I deal with.
No idea about delivery of new V10's, but if you continue to pre-order bikes before the manufacturer has them in hand, it will probably continue to happen to you. There are almost always timing issues with the first run of production bikes, and even the most well-intentioned company will not always be able to deliver. Sometimes it's their fault, sometimes it's the fault of a third party supplier, but regardless, the fact is that the best way to know for sure is to order an existing model, in stock.

Mark W

Chimp
Jan 28, 2004
Canada
No idea about delivery of new V10's, but if you continue to pre-order bikes before the manufacturer has them in hand, it will probably continue to happen to you. There are almost always timing issues with the first run of production bikes, and even the most well-intentioned company will not always be able to deliver. Sometimes it's their fault, sometimes it's the fault of a third party supplier, but regardless, the fact is that the best way to know for sure is to order an existing model, in stock.
Yeah, I'm not expecting them to run out and make up the frame as soon as I order, but keeping some sort of 'first come, first served' list shouldn't be too much to ask; people who ordered a few weeks to a month after me already have theirs.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I recieved mine at the beginning of the month. However, I was one of the first people to order my frame when they began taking orders in what, late october? I think those who didn't place their order at the end of last year will defenitly be waiting a while. Who knows though, have your local shop give them a call. My recommendation would to not be picky on color, at all.

Minou

Chimp
Mar 25, 2006
Munich
Ordered mine end of Sept. 2007 and got it about three weeks ago. Probably one of the first ones on the other side of the pond...

I already took the powdercoat off for a subsequent polishing...

Attachments

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
bikes look awsome they made some nice changes for 08 love the carbon link and rear end, as for the poster sure you want to run a v10 at sea otter seams like a big bike but, big bikes do well there at times to though so ti each their own.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
Ordered mine end of Sept. 2007 and got it about three weeks ago. Probably one of the first ones on the other side of the pond...

I already took the powdercoat off for a subsequent polishing...
wooo....the white looks hot! i want a white one now...

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Generally speaking I haven't been a big SC fan in the past, but the new V10 frames just look sooooo nice. The swingarms especially, with the new dropouts... they turn me on.

toughyguy

Chimp
Feb 27, 2008
The new v10 rides great! It is very responsive in the turning department. Turns pretty similarly to my nomad, I was really surprised as I was coming off an 04 v10 that had that typical dh feel of slow raked steering. Well, I guess typical of the older dh bikes. So basically the bike rails corners! Also the rear end feels very rigid laterally in the corners. The rear suspension definitely is "livelier" as the Santa Cruz website notes. Also they seem to have gotten rid of the pedal feedback when you pedal over bump, roots, etc. as now the rear suspension just sucks up the bump as you pedal without screwing with your pedal stroke. This is a definite advantage over my o4 v10, though I am not sure when compared to the model right before the 08 v10. Braking on the frame is good as the rear seems to stay neutral under rough braking, not as neutral as my old bike with the floating brake, but I was impressed. The bike feels good in the air too. Oh yeah, the bb is pretty low, so if you're not careful the pedals will hit the ground or whatever you're pedaling over.

Attachments

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
bikes look awsome they made some nice changes for 08 love the carbon link and rear end, as for the poster sure you want to run a v10 at sea otter seams like a big bike but, big bikes do well there at times to though so ti each their own.
The V10 isn't for the Otter per se, but that is the time line for when I am leaving my current home and moving to the North West. My shop that sponsors my team is here, so I wanted to get it in my hot little hands before I rolled out of town.

I agree with you, the 10 might be bringing a bazooka to a snowball fight with regards to the Otter, I think I am going to run my Nomad or if I can get it here in time, maybe my old Bullit.