Quantcast

Curt Schilling for U.S Senator?

BikeLuvR904

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Have any of you guys heard that Curt Schilling wants to become a U.S Senator now that he's retired from MLB Baseball? What do you think? Is he the next Arnold S. or what lol. (even though arnold is just a governor)

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
The US Senate already has one washed up ex- Major League pitcher/conservative kook in Jim Bunning, they don't need another one!

-ska todd

BikeLuvR904

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Haha, I did not even know who Jim Bunning was before now. Crazy how people think that just cause they played a major professional sport they can be the next ghandi or something.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Haha, I did not even know who Jim Bunning was before now. Crazy how people think that just cause they played a major professional sport they can be the next ghandi or something.
Bunning is also considered to be an embarassment to the GOP...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Haha, I did not even know who Jim Bunning was before now.
As a Met fan we know him more for pitching the infamous "Father's Day Perfect Game" in 1964.

Bunning is also considered to be an embarassment to the GOP...
He fights hard for that position as leader of "biggest liability to the GOP", especially when he's had so much recent competition for the title.

-ska todd

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
He fights hard for that position as leader of "biggest liability to the GOP", especially when he's had so much recent competition for the title.

-ska todd
well, he's best known for doing nothing, which a lot of Repubs should take a lesson from...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/22/AR2009092203343.html

"I do not support a government takeover of the health-care system," he railed. The proposal "confiscates more money from the taxpayers," he went on. "It tramples on American freedom and liberties."

After this vigorous display of open-mindedness, Bunning was spent. About an hour later, spectators noticed that the senator, who had been resting his chin in his hand, had fallen fast asleep. As giggles rippled through the chamber, an aide shook Bunning, who woke with a start.