Quantcast

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I thank him for his contributions to the Sox, and I thank him for not dragging out his career any longer.

People who hate the Red Sox, are jealous.
People who hate the Yankees, know baseball.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
classless human debris.
Please expound I'm actually very curious why some people HATE him.

I always liked Schill, seemed like a classy guy to me. Some people seem to F***in hate him though. The Music DJs on the radio this morning(which used to broadcast across the street from Fenway) were talking about him. The only thing that I heard from them that could change my mind was that the said he would repeat things that were said in confidence in the locker room, but it could have been heresay and conjecture. IMO, these DJs, while entertaining, are not the brightest lamps, they make statement that I know for a fact are incorrect all the time.

Schilling had his opinion and wasn't afraid to share it. How many Professional athletes will go on an established forum and take criticism for his pitching performance and reply to average Joes about the current state of their team?

He was a hard worker, ethical, and outspoken about some of the douche bags playing the game and for this he gets **** on. I really don't understand it. And at least it's not during the game that he makes his political statements. I can't tell you how much I can't stand when musicians get on their soap box during concerts. I paid $120 to hear your MUSIC not your political views about my president, go back to England you Rich ****!"

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Please expound I'm actually very curious why some people HATE him.
1993 World Series....holding a towel over your head and not watching as your closer is trying to win the game...fvck curt.

mitch williams had more class in the post game interview than curt could ever hope to have in a fvcking lifetime.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
hahaha...and the Yankees wish they had gotten him. :)
He would fit the Yankee free agent profile: over priced and over rated. Just get him training with Brian McNamee, and he will be throwing broken bats at Piazza soon enough.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
sanjuro, either you are trying too hard or you are really clueless, and not just about baseball.
That's why the Yankee fans are the best.

Do you really think we get bothered when Boston fans rag on our team?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
He would fit the Yankee free agent profile: over priced and over rated. He is another Baaawston a-hole who ran his mouth, had no class, and was barely above mediocre.
steinbrenner would love such mediocrity:

career post-season stats (W-L, ERA, CG, IP, H, ER, BB, SO):
Postseason Ser 11-2 2.23 4 133.1 104 33 25 120

That's why the Yankee fans are the best.

yeah, you guys are the best. most knowledgeable about the game, clearly.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Baaawston a-hole
Are you trying to type your Bronx accent or a Boston one? The New York accent starts in Fawl Riva(Fall River, MA), no "R"s and "W"s thrown in everywhere.

1993 World Series....holding a towel over your head and not watching as your closer is trying to win the game...fvck curt.

mitch williams had more class in the post game interview than curt could ever hope to have in a fvcking lifetime.
Is that all? I used to do that everytime Mike Timlin was on the mound during ANY game.

skunkty14

Monkey
May 29, 2007
It's not a case of think, they do in my experience. And you're really grasping at straws here sanjuro, it's getting embarrassing for you, regardless of whether or not Shilling is/was an a-hole or not.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I don't get why there is the hate. Schilling was perhaps the most consistent starting pitcher this decade and to do all of that clean is alot more impressive to me than these homerun totals by players on the juice. 11-2 with at least 10 starts in the post season is a major league baseball record. Not one overpriced, overrated yankees pitcher can be close to claiming that ever.