Quantcast

Custom bling bling for Army owners !

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
interesting to say the least.
i take it they are a bit heavier than stock, not that thats a problem just interested to know.

how does that pinch bolt work? looks like its screwed directly against the adjuster???

unique. well if i ever crack my links i know who to talk to.

where did you crack the links anyway? around the adjuster?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by steve45

unique. well if i ever crack my links i know who to talk to.

where did you crack the links anyway? around the adjuster?
You most likely will notice cracks after a while but you don't need to replace them. It's no big deal. They will progress to a certain length and then stop forever. It happens at where the pinch bolts for the bearings are.

That is interesting how you designed the bolt to hit directly against the eccentric adjuster. Won't that gouge it?

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
no, it actually works ok ! Of course they get a minor mark from the bolt, but it holds up for big drops and no craks ( mine did not stop moving, so I HAD to do something):)

The links are heavier than the standard, but for me that is ok, I run a heavy setup anyway. I have a friend designing bikes, he designed them together with me, - I think he did a nice job !:devil: :)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by seismic
no, it actually works ok ! Of course they get a minor mark from the bolt, but it holds up for big drops and no craks ( mine did not stop moving, so I HAD to do something):)

The links are heavier than the standard, but for me that is ok, I run a heavy setup anyway. I have a friend designing bikes, he designed them together with me, - I think he did a nice job !:devil: :)
Yeah it seems like once those things slip once it becomes a habit. Let us know how stiff they feel after a few rides. Looks good:thumb:

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
The bolts which holds the eccentric adjusters do not have to be tightend very much so there are no damage applied to the adjusters. Another trick with these links are that I have made the slightly lower on the top so it is easier to fit an Avy even though it has a larger diameter....do not need a extended eyelet.

I am happy people like the links...took quite some time to design them for me and my friend:) :)