Quantcast

Custom Paint Helmet Thread!!

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah where did you score the Evil Kenevil Moto from
I had that when I was like 4 yrs old and jumped everything
from hotwheels to plastic sharks in the tub!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Thoughts on this design? It will be Silver mixed in with some Light and Dark Red graphics pin striped in Black. It’s being done on a Giro remedy this week. This is a faxed copy of my drawing to get it on my computer.

I will submit pics soon.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Whoa...until further notice, we have a winner. That helmet just kicked every design I've ever seen square in the teeth?

And did someone use Mother's detailing wax or Pledge or something on that thing before they snapped the pic? It looks like it's dripping wet!!!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
It was sanded with super fine grit paper after it was cleared (yes, sanded after clearcoating) to get it perfectly smooth before it was buffed out with some finishing compound and an electric buffing wheel. that's the only way to get a brilliant, show-car shine. i don't bother with that step because, though it looks amazing, it is a lot more work to get a finish that doesn't last long on something like a helmet. A high quality clear applied correctly is shiny enough for me.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I went to a car show one time and just before judging, the top custom rods were spraing their cars down with PAM!

10 minutes after judging was over, you'd have thought someone had smeared boogers all over them.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
it'll look a lot better if you take the time before painting to get the surface totally smooth...

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
So I stopped by my friends paint shop over the weekend to see how the helmet (Giro Remedy) was coming along. I am happy with what I saw. The pics below were taken with my cell phone so they are not that nice. He still has to fade in two more colors, Pen Stripe it, and then clear it. I should have it by Wed of this week. This is his first helmet he has painted beside motorcycles and I think he is doing a great job.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
So I stopped by my friends paint shop over the weekend to see how the helmet (Giro Remedy) was coming along. I am happy with what I saw. The pics below were taken with my cell phone so they are not that nice. He still has to fade in two more colors, Pen Stripe it, and then clear it. I should have it by Wed of this week. This is his first helmet he has painted beside motorcycles and I think he is doing a great job.

chyea no visor