Quantcast

Custom Pink Flame Helmet

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
I had to share this. The pic doesn't do it justice. A friend hand painted it for me - she did an amazing job. I don't want to use it next season - I want to hang it on my wall. Hm.

Attachments

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
That is WAY rad!! Love it! I say you sport that beeyatch on the hills this year... let 'em all know they about to get DEALT wit'!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
now that is one badazzz helmatto seniorita!!!

good thing you're wicked fast, y'know, to match the blazing flames. (is that redundant?)

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
SWEEEEETTTT!!!!! And agreed, it deserves to be worn while rippin up the trails!

I've been dying for a custom paint job...just have to stop buying toys long enough to save up for one!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
that rocks. it would be a sin to not wear it, so i will give you my adress and you can mail it to me. really really cool.

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Thanks for the compliments...yes, i know, I have to wear it. It will look good with scratches. If anyone wants custom helmets she's "cheap" (as she calls it) right now bc she's just starting. For the work she did for me it would be $60 and take 1 week. For less intricate work it would be $50 and take about 5 days. She's super talented - amazing artist.

On another note...does anyone race the Bootleg series? Would it be worth flying out from the east coast to go to the one at the end of this month?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by grizgal
Thanks for the compliments...yes, i know, I have to wear it. It will look good with scratches. If anyone wants custom helmets she's "cheap" (as she calls it) right now bc she's just starting. For the work she did for me it would be $60 and take 1 week. For less intricate work it would be $50 and take about 5 days. She's super talented - amazing artist.

On another note...does anyone race the Bootleg series? Would it be worth flying out from the east coast to go to the one at the end of this month?
What does she need? I'd love to have a custom painted helmet...how do I get in touch with her?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
AWESOME!:thumb: Must be worn for all to see and your friends prices are great. Tell her to keep on she has talent. Might be a neat deal to put a thread in buy and sell for her with contact info. Show some of her other work too. EXCELLENT :evil:

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by dh girlie
What does she need? I'd love to have a custom painted helmet...how do I get in touch with her?
I left a message for her about contact info, pics etc.. I'll post when i hear back. Here's the top of the helmet she did for me. Not a great photo but shows a little bit more. The design is the tattoo I have on my back.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
grizzlyhead, i think you might have to master flips so the masses can catch a glimpse at the top of that dome. beautiful work.

do you have a pink velvet helmet bag to put that in when traveling?

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by chromegoddess
grizzlyhead, i think you might have to master flips so the masses can catch a glimpse at the top of that dome. beautiful work.

do you have a pink velvet helmet bag to put that in when traveling?
no, no flips...but when I fall and I'm upside down people will be able to see it. Just as good, right?

I don't have a pink helmet bag...can you make me one? pink cheetah print, please :D

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Originally posted by dh girlie
Here's her info...
email - o27moto@yahoo.com
cell - 781-718-9703

She can paint anything you ask her to. You all can work out the details if you're interested. Oh, and her name is Tanna. Let me know if you need any more info.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Originally posted by chromegoddess
now that is one badazzz helmatto seniorita!!!

good thing you're wicked fast, y'know, to match the blazing flames. (is that redundant?)
The word is casco ( correct translation to helmet in spanish ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hellmeto :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Originally posted by shocktower
The word is casco ( correct translation to helmet in spanish ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Hellmeto :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
badazzz (slang for top shelf)
helmatto (juvenile play on the american translation of helmet)
seniorita (spanish for little lady)

you see i was being tri-lingual, not actually attempting to mock the spanish language as i think you may have concluded.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by grizgal
Here's her info...
email - o27moto@yahoo.com
cell - 781-718-9703

She can paint anything you ask her to. You all can work out the details if you're interested. Oh, and her name is Tanna. Let me know if you need any more info.
My helmet should be arriving at her shop tomorrow!!! Soooo excited! I will definitely post pics once I get it back...it's going to be PowerPuff Girls Theme :D

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
i wanna get my helmet done. even though its not reall that nice and have a cracked visor. maybe if i get a new one ill get it painted up nice. anyone have any ideas you think i should if i end up maybe getting it done. kinda want some huckmeisters stuff on there.