Quantcast

custom race frame builders?

oldracer

Chimp
Jan 27, 2007
I am an ‘old man’ BMX racer looking for a little advice. I am in the market for a custom 24" frame - can't find much out there long enough, they all have steep head angles, plus I need a higher BB for ground clearance with long cranks.
I have read everything I can find about frame sizing, steering geometry, angles etc. and have several ideas of what I think I need. But, I’m no frame designer so I’m looking for someone with enough race bike experience to help figure out and build what I need.
Has anybody dealt with a good frame builder? Someone whos advice & work you had good results with?

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Sounds to me like Brew would be the best choice, that said unless you are over 6'4" tall you should be able to find a stock frame to fit you... Crupi's have a bit slacker headangles if your interested in that.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
brad@nemesisproject.com. site got hacked. but he can build you whatever you want and its gonna be frickin light too with the custom drawn platinum ox tubing
Thanks Dexter
I have exsperince building 24 mtb but never built one specifically for racing . A few customers from NYC have taken our DeathMobile frames out to bmx track at Platikill ( sp? )

Dex is right though we can make a very light frame from out new custom OX platinum tubesset's

I might jsut suggest getting on of our 24" DeathMobile frames and running a ridgid fork and you should be set for crusier class !!

oldracer

Chimp
Jan 27, 2007
Thanks for all the info -- I made some calls -staats isn't doing customs any more, I have talked to steve at brew & am going spec out my current frame to see what he thinks. I'll have to contact simple bikes & S&M.... thanks again...I'll post some more info as things go along....

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I had a custom frame made by Steve @ Brew although not for racing. He was a pleasure to work with and fairly priced as well.