Quantcast

Custom stainless steel growlers - who's interested?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Second batch was dropped at the post office today. Everyone who has paid me should have a shipping notification in the inbox of their Paypal email address, with the exception of one person who has a PM from me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Huzzah!

I don't recall any scraping... or do you mean it's tight to swing the cap away from the bottle neck? The clamping/cap mechanism is tight but if you look at the insert there's a clear way to swing the cap away without it touching the opening.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wow I wasn't expecting them to be so big. The more beer, the better.

Second batch was dropped at the post office today. Everyone who has paid me should have a shipping notification in the inbox of their Paypal email address, with the exception of one person who has a PM from me.
I don't see anything :cheers:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I don't see anything :cheers:
Ahh... yours went 1st class, not priority mail, since you live in Soviet Canuckistan, not sure why it wouldn't have notified you but it was shipped in a different order than the rest. PM incoming with tracking #.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Oh good. An interview with a brewer who doesn't know that it's easy to purge a growler prior to filling it and instead would rather stick his nose in the air.

Actually, that might be one of the dumbest articles I've read in a while. Most growlers are not clear, there's no reason to assume they're unsanitary (who doesn't wash their growlers?), there's no reason to assume it won't be drank in a timely fashion, and purging the growler with CO2 is not "expensive equipment."

So, basically, in the worst possible case a growler can be bad. Great. I can also open my beer bottle and let it sit capless on the counter overnight before drinking it.

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Oh good. An interview with a brewer who doesn't know that it's easy to purge a growler prior to filling it and instead would rather stick his nose in the air.

Actually, that might be one of the dumbest articles I've read in a while. Most growlers are not clear, there's no reason to assume they're unsanitary (who doesn't wash their growlers?), there's no reason to assume it won't be drank in a timely fashion, and purging the growler with CO2 is not "expensive equipment."

So, basically, in the worst possible case a growler can be bad. Great. I can also open my beer bottle and let it sit capless on the counter overnight before drinking it.

Hahahaa.....I finally actually googled "beer growler" and it was like the first or second hit. I thought it was funny... and I confess I didn't even read the whole thing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think I missed the boat on this one.........how did that happen?

Mmike is to blame.

Seriously, he was telling me the other day how he had some elaborate scheme to prevent you from getting a growler. I don't know the details because who the hell listens to mmike. However, it is clear that he is to blame. It is up to you what should be done, but I suggest something very very painful.