Quantcast

Custom stainless steel growlers - who's interested?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Wegmans in PA only sells beer I think? I've seen cider and beer there but never looked for wine or spirits.
that's because they can't sell that stuff anywhere but a state store in PA

So regardless of the dollar amounts, growler fills are almost double the cost of a 6-pack. If your local brewery was selling 6-packs for $10, would you be willing to pay close to $20 for a growler fill?
but that's what i'm trying to point out... the price discrepancy b/w your region and mine is on bottles not growlers. growler prices here are basically the same, so growlers do tend to be a better value. most growler fills here range $11-15, with the most premium stuff running about $18-20. the most expensive i've ever seen for a growler was $26, but that was for delirium tremens.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
that's because they can't sell that stuff anywhere but a state store in PA

but that's what i'm trying to point out... the price discrepancy b/w your region and mine is on bottles not growlers. growler prices here are basically the same, so growlers do tend to be a better value. most growler fills here range $11-15, with the most premium stuff running about $18-20. the most expensive i've ever seen for a growler was $26, but that was for delirium tremens.
Growler fill-ups here are similar though they tend to range $8-20 and the highest I've ever seen is $34 but that was for Goose Island Bourbon County and a 4 pack was $18. We have a decent selection at a few local breweries, our beer store and our local grocery stores so it's a no-brainer here!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay I'm going to do a final tally tonight of the respondents, make sure we're all set on quantities and we can submit the order! I think we're set for everyone who has said they wanted one in this thread.

Going with the big monkey head and URL, as that is by far the one that has gotten the most interest.

Final price is $40 per growler, which includes shipping for domestic orders. Internationals are/will be getting individual shipping quotes via PM. People ordering multiples will get a $5 discount on shipping for the second growler. I will be sending invoices via PM this weekend along with payment instructions.

Vendor indicated they are sold out of the first run and the second batch will be available in May. :monkey:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
D is not happy about this wait time.
Official reprimands sent via PM.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
In order to make sure D growlers look right, I sent A ridemonkey logo file off to them. They will generate the final image sample and send it to us to C. Hopefully it won't B too long.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Okay I'm still in the cup chase race, place me on the list. Totally in buy my way in oh I can is a can... do these things fit flexy straws?

Last edited:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
and did I pick the wrong day to post or what ... pardon that is fact. I did send you my email the other day. Like really every day is christmas and fools day.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, still awaiting final confirmation... I followed up yesterday and will harass them again.

PSP... you said yes, you want one in the thread. Then you sent me a PM saying no, you don't want one. Now you post saying yes, you do want one. I tell you what, if there are any left over in the amount I'm ordering, you can buy one - but I'm not going to assume anything.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
By the way, we're in the queue for a late May shipment. I'll probably start collecting payment in the next couple weeks so we're good to go when the growlers are ready!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I just did a local ride and noticed I drive by 2 micro breweries in my 20 minute commute to the trailhead. Could be 4 breweries if I drove the long way.

Too bad I can't stop and taste...I have no growler :(

:D

Mmmm....beer

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Unless the have some kind of influence over the space time continuum, which is pretty much impossible considering they do not exist as of yet, at least in our dimension, they're at Friday also.

I think.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
They had a tooling problem. I'm going to send PMs around tonight to make sure everyone is still interested with the expected delay time.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
They had a tooling problem.
As a former manufacturers rep, allow me to translate:
"sales were slow so we offered group purchases on various forums to keep the dream alive. Now that sales have picked up, we regret that decision and are prioritizing full-priced orders."

I'm still in, despite having stopped drinking beer since placing the order.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does this mean further delay?

Do we get a free Ridemonkey sticker for the downtime of not having a refreshing cold beverage inside of a custom Ridemonkey branded growler? I was, and still am, so stoked on being the only guy at the trail head with a totally custom growler. It'd be rad to the max bro.

Still in...

Last edited: