Quantcast

Cuting weight??

karjim

Chimp
May 19, 2009
Hi I want to cut some weight from my bike, here is my bike build, the one that has a .- are the one that i want to upgrade, the ones that has a ,- are possible upgrade:
-Transition Bank M frame
-Marzocchi 4x 2010 fork
-cane creek tapered headset
,-Transition DJ saddle
.-truvativ Hussfelt comp handle bar
-Transition stem
-Transition revolution 32 wheelset
,-FSA sl 250 seat post
.- KMC SS chain
.-Shimano slx rear brake
,-Maxxis holy roller 2.25
.-kenda normal tubes
-odyssey plastic pedals
.-race face diabolus crankset
I use my bike most for street and DJ
Thanks,

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Looks like bars, wheels and cranks are where you have extra weight. Wheels will make the most noticeable difference while riding, but you'll have to make sure that they're still strong enough for you.
Bars and cranks should be easy to shave a bunch off the bike.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Holly Rollers are heavy. Go schwable table tops or at least geax booze light. You will drop A LOT.

Also cranks - depends whether you want mtb or bmx. For mtb I'd go SLX or Atlas if you want more beefy. For bmx Dartmoor Thorn.

Your wheels are heavy. Will you use a single speed or driver? Dartmoor riders are good dirt rims if you don't smash them like crazy. I use them and they are fine.

As for seatpost/stem - is it pivotal? I think you can loose some weight here.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Get a pair of Intense MK2. You'll almost cut half the weight from the Holy Rollers. And by means of the inertia momentum, you'll be shaving grams where you can feel them most (it's said that each gram you take from the wheels equals three taken from the frame).