Quantcast

Cutting Torch Question...

Jun 18, 2004
so I'm not gonna say where I saw this...

I'm just wondering what can happen to you if you get (allegedly) caught chopping a Forest Service Gate (or DNR)... (ie where it locks up)...

I saw one like this, on sat. ... (I just wish I could ride/shuttle rite now...)... again don't ask me where I saw this... :nope:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Str8OutaBallard said:

I'm just wondering what can happen to you if you get (allegedly) caught chopping a Forest Service Gate (or DNR)... (ie where it locks up)...

I saw one like this, on sat. ... (I just wish I could ride/shuttle rite now...)... again don't ask me where I saw this... :nope:
I don't know....

I would think destroying goverment property is frownd upon....then there is the tresspassing thing....and then.....

You talking a recently closed road, say up north by north east? Kinda a little place utilized by MTB, motorcycles, and ATV's? :think: Like jsut closed down in the last week or two (not Treinta y ocho, or Viente y Siete)

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Str8OutaBallard said:

I am thinking a nice fine and possibly jail time if the guy acted like a dick when he was caught.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Probably less of a fine than you would get from the weed plantation you are trying to access... In that said, but unamed location..... ;) , i mean really, only someone who REALLY needed to get in and out quickly would take that risk.....

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
oly said:
Probably less of a fine than you would get from the weed plantation you are trying to access... In that said, but unamed location..... ;) , i mean really, only someone who REALLY needed to get in and out quickly would take that risk.....
God damnit, who told you about the weed! :angry:

Erm, I mean what weed... :p

Jun 18, 2004
something tells me that a weed farmer would have shut the gate behind them and made it look like the gate was locked...

anyway I first started noticing this last spring on this gate... who ever has been working at this slowly w/a cutting torch... it also looked like they tried a sawzall at one point also...

I read an article in Natl Geo about Mary J Grow Op's on Forest Service land... always a wory for me since they found crops next to the 520 bridge in the Arboreteum... it's the booby traps that worry me... but I'd say that running into a Bear on a local trail is more likely... ie it's not gonna happen...

but you never know until your in the moment, right?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I ran into a bear. er, rather a bear ran past me 'bout 30 feet or so across the trail. at tolt/ mac tree farm....

Jun 18, 2004
pnj said:
I ran into a bear. er, rather a bear ran past me 'bout 30 feet or so across the trail. at tolt/ mac tree farm....
I've come accross a few bears at whistler... and scared a few into running off at E2x (the rattly bike thing)... what I meant earlier (about it not going to happen) was that the rider/bear thing is usually brief... w/one party running in the other direction...

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Str8OutaBallard said:
... who ever has been working at this slowly w/a cutting torch...

They must not know how to use a OA torch.

I'm sure if you get busted on forest service or DNR land it would be worse being federal and all.