Quantcast

C'ville rides this week (Wednesday & Thursday)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Tommorow and Thursday a few of us will be out riding if anyone wants to join. Tommorow 3/15 will be a light day of riding at O-Hill starting around 11ish. Thursday 3/16 will be a heavy riding day at Walnut Creek. A few of us get together at least once a week and do 2 laps on the 11 mile outer loop link up for a good 22 mile ride that is a lot of fun.

Let me know if you want to join us and I'll be glad to tell you when and where to meet.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Oh yeah, I forgot about our Thursday plans Woody! Sorry about that :hot:

The longest named trail loop is Wilkin's way which is 4.2. But there is a unofficial "outer loop" which is about 11 miles. it's a connection between Wilkin's way->Bike Factory loop->Blazing Saddles->Just Climb It->Blue Wheel->Entrance Trail. It's a beast for you "non-climbers" ;) but it's damn fun :drool:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wood-dog said:
won't be there so don't waste your time stopping by. I will switch them out on the day of the ride
Okay, no problem. We will meet up early so we are ready to go when the other guys show up...they will be ready to rip :)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I think 10:30.... they usually show up at 11. Regardless I'll meet you there then. We'll talk before then though.

hurlykid6900

Chimp
Oct 23, 2005
C-Ville Rep yo
oh I didint see the hidden trail thing you said mud-sweater. Is there a sweet trap door to it, or like a fallen pine tree and you lift back a branch to enter the raddest trail of all time?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
hurlykid6900 said:
oh I didint see the hidden trail thing you said mud-sweater. Is there a sweet trap door to it, or like a fallen pine tree and you lift back a branch to enter the raddest trail of all time?
No secret to it, it is just a combination of all the outer loops making one large 11 mile loop. It's every bit of 11 miles. Come out with us and I'll be glad to show you.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
jaekormtb said:
How about a 4:15 PM Thursday XC ride at Walnut?? Single speed or gears, either works for me.
I'll be at work by 3:30. Today's ride at O-Hill was good. We took it easy and only clocked about 9 miles total. Had a blast and were able to stay sheltered from the damn gail force winds that were ripping through. Ended up being much warmer than expected.