Quantcast

cx season is upon us

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
so who all is racing CX this fall/winter and what catagory will you be racing?

i'll be racing A at the local stuff and B at larger events only b/c A at the bigger events is where all the big boys race and i'm not quite at that level, maybe in 2 years if the shiet doesn't hit the fan like it always seems to :angry:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Squeak
I want to try it!
no reason not to yo! there's an AWESOME cross scene in the boulder area and it's growing every year like the scene in the southeast is.

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
I did CX race once and i got killed... there were 3 running section. this 100m sandy crap and another like 50m of wooden stuff rain gutter i guess and another 100m up this steep hill. Seems alot of people loose time on the the running section (hike a bike, i just pushed mine) and the hairly corners, makes it espicially hard on cx bikes.

Its so much fun but being such a crappy runner doesnt help.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Not this fall i've got to get my knee all better and i have a road bike but it's to nice to get dirty maybe next fall cause it looks awsome.:devil:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Babar
I did CX race once and i got killed... there were 3 running section. this 100m sandy crap and another like 50m of wooden stuff rain gutter i guess and another 100m up this steep hill. Seems alot of people loose time on the the running section (hike a bike, i just pushed mine) and the hairly corners, makes it espicially hard on cx bikes.

Its so much fun but being such a crappy runner doesnt help.
why you start running. i've been runnin the last couple of weeks. been doing about 25 minute sessions just focusing more or less on time. plus i'm not a distance runner, more of a sprinter which is what cross is during the running section but after a while you need that endurance or it becomes a hike a bike.

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Originally posted by indieboy
why you start running. i've been runnin the last couple of weeks. been doing about 25 minute sessions just focusing more or less on time. plus i'm not a distance runner, more of a sprinter which is what cross is during the running section but after a while you need that endurance or it becomes a hike a bike.
I believe it was close to 10 laps around this course (i lost the counting). I was doing quiet well til half way (4th or 5th lap). after that my legs went num and feels like your pedelin in fact i was running (i walked later pretending i was running). I gotta admit it was real pain in the ass to get off and on, the pros did this so fast and smoothly.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
cross season is never over man!

the season starts here unoffically next week.
the first real race is the 28th.

yippy!
now if only i had managed to train this summer...

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
The local Portland (Oregon) series starts at the end of this month, out here in Hood River. Unfortunately, I can never bring myself to get that into CX, because it comes at a time when the trail riding around here is freakin' awesome. The trails are near-empty, a little rain has packed down the trails, the weather is cooler, and the Fall colors are spectacular. Who wants to spin in a circle for an hour when you could be tearing off a late-season epic?

Heehee, just being a little snobby.