Quantcast

cx tire recommendation?

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i don't know anything about cx tires and i'm looking for a recommendation for a pair to throw onto my commuter bike. it's an old beater cannondale road bike that i use to commute to work with about 4 miles/day. a coworker of mine gave me this bike and i gave it an ugly (and quite noticeable) paint job to deter thiefs in the city.

i'm looking for something cheap and probably smaller than 700 x 28. i'm running armadillos (which have been GREAT, no flats in 3 months!) right now and there is just enough room to spare, but i'm looking for some knobs to help me out in the snow/rain. any recommendatios on a cheap pair and where to buy them from?

here's some pics of the ride...

from the side.

my mtb handlebar hack job.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i picked up a pair of the Ritchey Speedmax Cross Comps from REI for $13/each they've done good by me at wakefield and schaffer this year.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
i picked up a pair of the Ritchey Speedmax Cross Comps from REI for $13/each they've done good by me at wakefield and schaffer this year.
$13! oh yeah, now that's what i'm talking about... looking for something cheap. i got other bikes to spend all my $$ on. i'll check these out at REI.