Quantcast

CyberSync issues

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Anyone here with Alien Bee's CyberSyncs?

I was shooting a wallride yesterday and noticed my CyberSyncs weren't working when the transmitter and receivers were not in a line of sight. The flashes were only about 15ft away, but on a concrete roof, whereas I was about 1-2 ft below the line of the roof.

I thought ABs were more reliable than that...?

PS they are new units, only a month old, so the batteries should be ok.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ive fired mine from over 150' away with no issue and through concrete walls as well

is the receiver picking up the signal when you press the test button on the transmitter?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've been more than happy with mine, they have worked out of line-of-sight before and from much greater distances too.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the frequencies not going through reinforced concrete and not having anything to bounce off...

They have worked well before and since, so it must have been a once off.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I've been more than happy with mine, they have worked out of line-of-sight before and from much greater distances too.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the frequencies not going through reinforced concrete and not having anything to bounce off...

They have worked well before and since, so it must have been a once off.
hmm. i would say just check the batteries. its obviously the easiest thing to do first. i was able to get mine to work through reinforced concrete and through a house with no mis-fires.

are they firing every time you when you are in line of site?

the guys on the paul c. buff forum are usually pretty good at answering questions, as is the company itself too