Quantcast

Cycle Recycle in Waynesboro VA

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
No, I'm not a contact. I just ride up there and know a lot about the area. The trails up there don't need to be shuttled unless you absoluetly can't climb at all. Of course if a few people want to get together and put in some good riding time a shuttle is doable. Would not recommend a big bike at all. Spent many of years riding those trails on a hardtail. For the most part all the trails up there are pretty smooth except for sections here and there. Torrey Ridge and the lower part of Slacks has some rock gardens, but nothing that can't be done on a nice trailbike. I am in the process of getting a new trailbike and hopefully will be spending a lot of time on those trails in the near future. I will let you know when and will show you around.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Hey, don't neglect the fat kid you don't know.

Never know, might turn into the Donner Party, in which case its good to have a chubb scout onboard.

If you shuttle!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
These guys are kind of pathetic. Really poor customer service. They have a HUGE stock, but pretty worthless when you cannot access any of it. I called them last week to ask about the site and the kid who answered just said the site was down and the manager was going to update it. I asked him if he knew a time frame and he said no. I then asked if it would be a day, a week, month, any idea? His reply "Hell, it could be a year for all I care". Yeah, solid way to run a business buddy. I'm sure the owner would be proud. I recently moved over to Waynesboro to build a home. I moved from c'ville and so far I like it. I went in to this shop once to try and get some prices on some XT components and the burn out behind the desk spent 30 minutes trying to find where they were, and I finally had to leave to meet someone. I left my name and number and asked him to call once he figured it out. Of course, NO CALL!

Take your money elsewhere. Jackson at Rockfish is a good guy, and the guys at performance are great. Paul, Trevor and Chad at performance are very helpful.

Feb 26, 2002
Virginia
mud'n'sweat said:
These guys are kind of pathetic. Really poor customer service. They have a HUGE stock, but pretty worthless when you cannot access any of it. I called them last week to ask about the site and the kid who answered just said the site was down and the manager was going to update it. I asked him if he knew a time frame and he said no. I then asked if it would be a day, a week, month, any idea? His reply "Hell, it could be a year for all I care". Yeah, solid way to run a business buddy. I'm sure the owner would be proud. I recently moved over to Waynesboro to build a home. I moved from c'ville and so far I like it. I went in to this shop once to try and get some prices on some XT components and the burn out behind the desk spent 30 minutes trying to find where they were, and I finally had to leave to meet someone. I left my name and number and asked him to call once he figured it out. Of course, NO CALL!

Take your money elsewhere. Jackson at Rockfish is a good guy, and the guys at performance are great. Paul, Trevor and Chad at performance are very helpful.
I second this opinion. I had a similar experience. Jackson at Rockfish Gap is indeed a much much better option.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wood-dog said:
mud'n'sweat said:
Oh, and I can be down for some shuttle runs anytime in the area as well. :)[/QUOT

How is the riding there in Waynesboro and are you familiar whit any shuttleable trails in that area?
The best trail to shuttle in the area is actually Reddish Knob just outside Harrisonburg. Not far at all. This shuttle ride is about 7.6 miles of great downhill ripping. You can find reviews of it on mtbr.com. If you ever want to head up there one day, let me know and we can run shuttle together.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I've heard great things about Reddish Knob. The reason I asked about Cycle Recycle is because I heard they do trade ins. I really wanna sell my liquid because I'm a suspension whore and i want a bike with more travel. If yous guys go up to H'burg, I could possibly join you with the rowdy ranger (my small truck) for some shuttling. Later.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, Reddish is best run during a bit more dry conditions. we'll be bombing at pretty high speeds. I think we should shoot for two weeks from this coming weekend which would be March 4th & 5th.

I'll be itchin' to ride. Just getting this Ellsworth built up and it needs some good downhill bombs. I'm headed down to O-Hill tomm. with another Waynes(brah)ian if anyone wants to ride.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I'm sure Walnard Creek will be the same. It's really warming up though. I went by O-hill during lunch and it looked like it was clearing up fast. I can handle it wet and muddy, just a good excuse for my recent Geax 2.5's purchase. Suppose to be in the 60's the next two days. I haven't ridden since Thursday so I'm itchin' big time. I guess I could always go for a hike at Sherando or something. This clydsdale can't stay too lazy in the winter or else I'll blow up like suzanne summers (sp?) :help:

Sounds like Reddish is on!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
VaNIlLin81 said:
where is reddish..and how nice is it..is it all downhill stuff or what?
\
Reddish is up by Harrisonburg, just slightly SW so it's on the C'ville/Waynesboro side of the city on the outskirts. It's around a resevoir and there is uphill, but it's all pavement/state route. A lot of people bike up the pavement, it's a good cardio but not much fun to stare at the tarmac as you can imagine. Just one of the few places in the area where shuttling is the way to go. It's a good 7.6 miles of killer downhill from the amazing view at the top.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
to bad i can't drive, sounds fun..i'm getting tired of riding the almighty o-hill everyday...i hope the trails will be clear tomorrow, i need to ride...every time i do urban stupid cops come out from dunkin donuts and decide to be pigs

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
mud-n-sweat what time do you go riding? if you go riding early itd be great if u could post how it was..so if i get home i can just see if i should take 5 mins and go up there

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Right on Wood-Dog, we should get up soon. Judging by your sig, we definitely do think a lot alike! :cool:

I just recently started biking again (I have NO clue as to why I ever took a hiatus). I know a few riders, but most everyone works when I'm off, and I'm so addicted to riding again I go out every single chance I can.

Vanil, I'll probably go out early, but I don't know when I'll get back to the computer. I live in Waynesboro, and my friend lives literally 50 yards from the O-Hill trail heads. Hopefully I'll just end up taking a shower at his place afterwards because I have to go to work. I work up across the street from the C'ville airport so going back to Waynesboro is kind of out. I'll be at work about 3:30 and can post then, but you'll likely already be hitting the trails.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I've read about O'hill. Is it worth the trip to C'ville (1hour 15 min.)? Also, as far as reddish knob, here's a pic a friend of mine sent me. He said the trails were fast and flowy the whole way down.

view from the top.

I hope I can handle it on this:

By the way it's for sale if anyone's interested.....

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
O-hill IS NOT worth the 1 1/2 hour drive. There is about 5 miles of total trails and it is all up and down, very little in between. Now if you were talking about Walnut creek, that is a different story. It might be worth the drive. Still the total amount of miliage is slim, but it is a good workout with some fun runs. If you ever decide to come to C-ville, let me know and I will be happy to ride with you.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wannabeabonedoc, what's the frame size/price? I can look up the geometry unless you got it. Will you sell without the fork? Looks like XT's, but what's the final run down?

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
ok here's the break down from my RM ad:
"UP for grabs. 03 trek liquid 20, Fox talas rear shock, RS pyslo XC up front with uturn. 85-125 mm fully adjustable travel. Recently had the extra firm spring put in so it's not as bouncy. It's still responsive to small bumps and takes the moderate size hits well. Hayes HFX-9's with 6 inch rotors. Brand new Sun rims with shimano qr hubs. These wheelsets have 3 rides on them, one of which was in my parking lot. Kona DH handlebars, Sette 7 Stumpy stem. Aheadset made by cane creek. Shimano LX in both front and back. Bontrager seat and post. Bontrager Cranks and a Shimano BB, and a Blackspire bash guard. Primo heavy as balls meat tenderizer pedals but man these things got traction. Maxxis Minion DHR 2.35 in back, IRC trailbear 2.3(i think) up front. Rides great. It's a good climber and a blast to ride back down. It handled Snowshoe Freeride Park with relative ease but that's because I'm not very good and stayed away from most of the huge drops. Anyway, I'm looking to get about $850 OR BEST OFFER."

That being said, I'm selling it to try and get a bike with a bit more travel. So, to sell it without the fork would probably not happen.