Quantcast

Cycle Recycle in Waynesboro VA

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
VaNIlLin81, you are crazy man! I'd be highly shocked if you were'nt tearing it up ahead of the pack. You are young, and got balls of steal I'm sure. We'll get you picked up one way or another, there will be several rides coming through. Sounds like Tattoo already mentioned he had you covered.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
mud'n'sweat said:
VaNIlLin81, you are crazy man! I'd be highly shocked if you were'nt tearing it up ahead of the pack. You are young, and got balls of steal I'm sure. We'll get you picked up one way or another, there will be several rides coming through. Sounds like Tattoo already mentioned he had you covered.

HEY! And Wood-dog, who lives in C-ville! I want some credit for this too.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
i could always bust out the 20d and do some photography..i mean i dont wanna be the sucker rider..lol..dont feel bad for me cuz im po =)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
VaNIlLin81 said:
i could always bust out the 20d and do some photography..i mean i dont wanna be the sucker rider..lol..dont feel bad for me cuz im po =)
You can if you want, but trust me, you will be fine riding with everyone else. I think you'll be surprised. You can't ride wide open at reddish anyways. Plus I'm bound to go over the bars at least once or twice.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
If you want pic's of my feet 6ft. above my head just moments before I eat ****, then bring the camera.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
sorry for being a total dick earlier...hm...b.t.w. i was thinking bout selling the trance later on down the road? i dunno if id get a reign or sumthing else? any ideas..i dont wanna uber(haha) long travel..still so i can do my regular xc..like 6..and i think a nomad is outa my price range:blah:..wait whats the base price on one?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Base Nomad is around $4000 from Santa Cruz, but if you get on your research then you can find one in the low $3k's. Not cheap, and if you get one, get the coil shock, but worth every penny in my opinion.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
VaNIlLin81 said:
yeah..itd be great if i could get a ride up there..but i mean..if everyone is gonna be bs'in about xc riders coming and being slow i wont bother..ill just stay on my xc bike on 0-hill..sorry i dont have the money to go out and buy a $4000 bike with 6-9 inches of travel

Take this from someone who rides that area a lot - YOU WILL HAVE MORE FUN ON YOUR XC THAN A BIG HIT BIKE. I have ridden that area on my FOES, and on my Heckler, and I would much rather ride the Heckler on those trails. There aren't any big drops that require a lot of travel, or rock gardens that require 7-10. Big hit bikes really miss out on the subtleties of the trail.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
And besides V, no one's gonna give you crap for being on any bike. And if they do, it's all in good fun. I only have 1 more inch of travel on my liquid, but I'm willing to bet that I'll have a hard time keeping anybody's wheel. I'm excited to ride reddish so I can get used to longer trails with good DH, but the subtleties that bucket mentioned. Ride what ya like and like what ya ride. See yous guys in a few weeks.

Edit*- Post up if you have a truck so we can get the shuttle thing going. I have a Ford Ranger (early 90's tiny version) so I can haul bikes and maybe 4 people at most. If we set it up correctly, I've had as many as 7 bikes in the back. It also gets pretty good gas mileage (about 30mpg) so that's not a problem

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Magn, if its got two wheels, or even one, and you can ride it, just bring it and get over this part of this thread. We'd love to ride with you, but I object on moral grounds to having to convince someone to ride.

I have a Toyota Tacoma. I can do 4 bikes in the back no sweat, but its only really comfortable for me and one other person in the cab. Maybe if you're real small you can sit in the extended cab seats, but they're pretty tight.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
It looks like one guy who might be comming up from Richmond has a trailer that he can bring. I am going riding with him later today so I will find out if he is going or not. If he goes, then part of the problem will be worked out. I will let you guys know what the story is with him later this evening.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
ill pitch in 20 bucks for gas...i want to go.it was just that..i didnt wanna go it it WAS all downhill..im talking like 13 foot drops and so on, but its all cool now

so reddish has more than one trail..i got the idea it was only one

??geuss i need to read more??

tattoo who are you taking?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Not much you can do other than try different pads. Brake dust is always going to appear, especially when doing heavy riding on the older style cantilever brakes, which I think you mentioned that you used.

What bike did you have again? What year? I'll look into it and see if there isn't something we can do to upgrade you.

*edit, you erased your post and now I look like I'm talking to myself! haha..

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
lol i know deleted it..i found some stuff on the net to clean ur pads with alcohol..but ive done that b4...doesnt work, i have the Hayes Sole(the low lvl hayes) my bike is 2005..so i geuss there 2005..i have a trance 3

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Look on Ebay, you can find HFX carbons (which will stop my fat ass) for $200 a set.

I don't have anyone in my truck yet Vanillin, though I might have one guy from down here. I will know in a couple days who I have, but if you're skinny you can get in the back and be fine, just hope the guy in front is short.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
yeah..lets see i only weigh 115 pounds and im 5'6..i think i could fit, ill help with the gas

oh and btw..if anyone wanted to know my name is Bryan

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Oh, so you've got disc. I thought you were saying you had and older ride with cantilever's. I've got the BB7's and love them. Got performance to price match them at $68.99 a pop.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
nice....have any problems with them, when i first got the bike i sent the brakes into hayes for them to fix the pistons, after i got them back they were so nice until they started acting gay

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
well figured out what is wrong with my brakes...the front pad is shot..and i geuss the adhesive that holds the rock or whatever the brake pad is made of got the brake dust stuck to the brake pad..so i geuss ill have to go to performance sometime and pick up some new ones

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Good news, The guy I know from Richmond with the trailer is going with us, but it can only hold about 4-5 bikes. Corby said he wants to go but we will see what happens with him, but if he does he can haul another 4-6 bikes. And then there is Tatooo and his truck and it can haul ?-? many bikes and that should just about do it! I think we will have a fun day trip. Charlottesville people will be leaving here around 8 am so we can make it to Waynesboro by 9am. Bonedoc and Tatooo, is this gonna work for you guys? I know the Richmond riders are okay with this time.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Hmmmmm, Tattoo may need to come in friday night and crash. Unless he wants to get up REAL early. It's possible my guest bedroom may be open, although my fiance's sister and aunt are coming to visit for a week right around that time. I'll try and find out when.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
parents said it was cool...although she thought i was whack when i told her 25 year old men..lmao, i still need a ride...wood-dog do u have someone riding with you..or tattooo?...ill give 20 bucks for gas , damn its gonna suck when i start to drive

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Vanillin, I can give you a ride, even if I have the other Norfolk monkey with me. He's short like I am, and I have shuttled five people in my truck before up some gnar 4 wheel roads, so its not a thing. Just have to work out how we're getting the truck back to the bottom, of if we're leaving a car at the bottom to bring the drivers back up.

Let me know if someone has a room I can crash in, if not that's cool too, I can just crash in the back of my truck in my sleeping bag, not a BFD. I think leaving the night before and getting a solid night of sleep in before the ride, and then some pancakes for my fat super fuel cell, would be the way to roll.

I can take five bikes in my truck if someone brings blankets, and I can take three other people in my truck provided that two are not real tall, and that you roll with your gear on, because things fly out of the bed if they're not bikes with straps.

Hopefully I will have my Da Kine pad by then, but not counting on it. If I had that then I can take 8 bikes easy peasy.

Vanillian, just tell your mom you're paying for your ride in snuggle points, she'll love it. Let me know if it works for you to go early, and just in case I'd feel a lot better if we had a signed medical release and insurance card on you. Not that you're going to get hurt, but safety first and all that ****.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
were you able to get the dakine pad in the u.s.? I was told it wasn't available in the u.s.?

I might be down for this ride, but not sure I want to be a extra person to drag up the hill, seems like space is already runnin short.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Did't get it from the US, called in a favor and had a friend from Germany source me one. Downside is that he's an E-Freak and tends to forget, and I can't find him or my money. This, however, is not the first time he's gone off the map, gotten the goods and popped up on my doorstep with them in hand. Downside to this plan is the last time Klaus was here he spent the next two months living on my front porch...

None the less, hoping for the pad to show someday.

Vanillin, cool no worries then. Do you need a ride from c-ville (where the hell is c-ville? I'm new) or are you going to meet us up at the area? Either/or is good.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Tattoo, C'ville is short for Charlottesville, and it is right off 64 on the way over to meet us in Waynesboro. The meeting spot is the super walmart in Waynesboro which is the cracker barrel exit right after you cross over Afton Mtn. on 64. I'll get an exit number for you, I always forget it. We'll also get a phone list going so we can all keep in touch in case someone runs into any problems.

Or, I guess you could meet wood-dog in c'ville since that is where he is coming from too. Looks like he just hit you up anyways.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
mud'n'sweat said:
. Looks like he just hit you up anyways.
Yea, I'm quick like that!:rolleyes:
However, I do think a phone list is in order for this trip especially since it looks like there are going to be quite a few of us. Next Saturady I will set up a thread regarding this trip and how many are going and with what vehicles and I will be getting a phone list going so we can keep intouch on the day we meet so everyone knows where to go and where to meet! It sounds like this is going to be a fun day, weather permitting!

And I heard last night form the Richmond guys that you Waynesboro guys are incredible riders, so I am looking forward to meeting/riding with you!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Well, I use to be Okay, but I've had my biked put away for 7 years. Just hoped back on a few months ago. There are some gonzo riders in the area though:)

I use to ride 24/7, but I had a really bad accident in '99. I was bed ridden for 7 months and then in a wheelchair for awhile.