Quantcast

Cycle Recycle in Waynesboro VA

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
no doubt tattooo. You got some splainin' to do. Man Im looking forward to this ride. It's gonna be awesome. What's this I read about meeting in Waynesboro? Hook a brotha up from down south!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
wannabeabonedoc said:
no doubt tattooo. You got some splainin' to do. Man Im looking forward to this ride. It's gonna be awesome. What's this I read about meeting in Waynesboro? Hook a brotha up from down south!
Magn, its like talking to Ricky from I love Lucy...

What is it I need to explain. I just wanna cuddle with the little fella, is that so wrong?

Gonnabeabonedoc (which then I take it you want to be a urologist??) if you need a ride, just let a guy know, and show a little leg as I blow by, and I'll pick ya up.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wood-dog said:
Haha....Yeah, it sucked. It wasn't biking though, it was actually snow boarding. I use to live out in Crested Butte, CO. Had a super nasty accident at the end of the 98/99 season. Shattered both my ankles, broke my right leg in two spots and my left leg in one. Major back issues and shifted my hips pretty badly. Put on a hell of a lot of weight since I couldn't even walk for awhile. I've been working with some PT and a chiro for a while and I'm finally back on the bike. Been hiking a lot but the bike is really what is going to whip me back into shape. It's kind of depressing. I use to race XC for trek and was doing really well. I also started racing boarder cross that last year and was doing extremely well. ****e happens though and you just gotta pick yourself back off the ground. Now that I'm on the bike i really wish i was able to get back on several years earlier, but it was tough. Just looking forward to the future now and loving every minute of it. I have another good friend who bikes now that had a really bad sky diving accident. He shouldn't even be alive right now. He has been on the bike for 8 months now and he was the main motivator to get me back rolling. He actually rides O-Hill a lot since he lives across the street so you guys have probably seen him.

one day wannabebonedoc (soon to be know as gonnabebonedoc) is going to make a lot of money off our mangled bones!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wannabeabonedoc said:

The exit we are meeting at is actually only 5 minutes from i-81 so you'll be good to go.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
wherevever you wanna meet tattooo its cool...i could meet you around 64..or if your gonna stay at wood-dogs house(?) in c-ville..yeah im looking forward to this too:)

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
wannabeabonedoc said:
What's this I read about meeting in Waynesboro? Hook a brotha up from down south!
Would it be better for you to meet us in Staunton, since we will be going through there to get to H-Burg anyways? I saw on the map if you were to meet us in Waynesboro, you would be backtracking and there would be no need for that. So it's your call as to where you want to meet us. We'll wait for ya!:thumb: :

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
VaNIlLin81 said:
.or if your gonna stay at wood-dogs house(?) in c-ville..:)

I hate to be the unpolite host but I will not be able to set anyone up for that weekend! The reason being is that my wife is a law student and the 3rd, 4th, and 5th will be the weekend she will be writing a brief for Law Review which is one of the MOST important papers she will write while in law school. So my wife's needs of a quiet household for that weekend supercedes anyone elses need for a place to stay. I do not want to sound rude about this, but that is just the way it is! Any other time someone needs a place to stay who is comming in from outta town this will not be a problem but the weekend of our trip is another story. One of the reason's she agreed to let me go on this trip was so she could have a quiet household to write her paper.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wood-dog said:
One of the reason's she agreed to let me go on this trip was so she could have a quite household to write her paper.
And it is truely a rare occaison that our betters halves actually GIVE us an excuse to go biking!

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Tattooo said:
Magn, its like talking to Ricky from I love Lucy...

What is it I need to explain. I just wanna cuddle with the little fella, is that so wrong?

Gonnabeabonedoc (which then I take it you want to be a urologist??) if you need a ride, just let a guy know, and show a little leg as I blow by, and I'll pick ya up.

I'm an "I love Lucy" fan. what more can I say. I actually meant to explain how you were in a wheelchair and stuff. I must say though, that urology is no where in my future. My friends here think I should specialize in geriatric proctology:nope: . I'm okay to meet wherever people want.

also- I've been doing some research and I think I'd rather go into Emergency Medicine. But, yes you'll all get discounts. :cool:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
welcome back Mud n Sweat, I broke my leg 2 seasons ago now and it set me back big time, put on a ton of weight too, I can only imagine braking both my ankles on top of that. Good to hear you're riding again!

Is there anyway to guage space availability in the shuttle truck/trucks?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Castle said:
welcome back Mud n Sweat, I broke my leg 2 seasons ago now and it set me back big time, put on a ton of weight too, I can only imagine braking both my ankles on top of that. Good to hear you're riding again!

Thanks! We'll go ahead and mark you down for a possible spot. I think wood-dog is going to do a thread next weekend to try and get this nailed out. Hopefully we can get everyone on board for this trip. The more the merrier, so long as we can logistically pull it off. We will know by then what we have truck/trailer wise. I can probably carry three bikes myself and five people in my Accord if it boils down to it. I have three mounts on my rack, but two of them are kind of picky as to the down tube size of the fork. My Minute 1:00 doesn't fit on there, but some other folks forks may.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Castle said:
Castle, you are more then welcome to come along, besides you have helped me out with technical bike info stuff enough times and now I want to meet you in person. So yea, come on! But like Mud'n'sweat said, this next week I am going to start a thread to see who is going and who is driving a truck/or hauling bikes, along with a phone list. So all are welcome to come but with limited trucks and trailers it might get tight. But we will know more in a few days.

And to all who go on this trip, if you are being shuttled by someone else, be sure to throw down some cash to the driver of the vehicle you are riding in!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I hear you about the law review dance. I did that last year, drove me nuts. I made editor though, and then they closed school, it was killer!

Tell your wife I wish her the best of sanity, and that as her friend in misery I suggest beer.

You mind if I crash in front of your house in the bed of my truck?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
wood-dog said:
Dude, knock yourself out! As a matter of fact, I'll come crash with ya just to make sure the wife has as much quiet time as possible
I warn you, I am a bit of a cuddler. I am most prone to the spoon, but I also sometimes go for the "two warm pillows" move. Like the deft oiled guy is fond of uttering, "Don't judge me, just doing my thing."

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
No idea, have't gotten directions just yet, or I am just too lazy and brain dead from everything going on down here to remember how to read.

On a sad note, I went from living potentially six blocks from a great DJ spot with the ability to add my own DJ's to living 30 minutes away with 0 chance of building my own. Pouring some out for the dead homies as we speak...

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Tattooo said:
I warn you, I am a bit of a cuddler. I am most prone to the spoon, but I also sometimes go for the "two warm pillows" move. Like the deft oiled guy is fond of uttering, "Don't judge me, just doing my thing."

"your never gonna catch me! You're wasting your time. See you all next year". I love family guy.

Yeah castle you can just ride up with me if you want since it's on the way. It'll save you some gas.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
VaNIlLin81 said:
this thread is dieing so ill just ask a question? is this trip gonna be a flats trip or clips?
I would think it's a personal preference. I tried clips when I first got my bike and that was the last time I had them. I'll be pushing flats.
Also, I'm digging the new smilies. My favorite is this one :wonky2: that just says "wonky"

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
THIS THREAD WILL NEVER DIE :trophy_br

Okay, maybe it will, but not until after the trip and we all talk about how epic my boulder field face plant to crotch rail on a pine tree was.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I'm wondering who is going to bust the 200 yard nuts racked on the top tube with feet dragging into 89.2 ft. cliff drop to top of a pine tree into starfish landing.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
nah..itll be a roadbiker..and i have a question...do c-ville roadbikers not like us mtn bikers for a reason?..everytime i see one they give me that...grr ur damn suspension look

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
brian everyone hates you and its just because you look funny, doesnt everyone give you that look. OH and I have my bet on your crashing alot and yeah woody im in for the trip and so is matt

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wannabeabonedoc , I don't know why I didn't mention this earlier, but I just re-read the first two pages and saw where you mentioned the trade in. I know Rockfish takes Trek's on trade in typically. Just saw an old Trek 8900 traded in for a credit toward a Cannondale Rush 600 recently.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Hey how do I get down on this ride at Reddish Knob. I'll bring the truck and with the hitch and roof rack I can take at least 4 bikes. Not including what I can put in the back.

Tony

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Sorry for the absence, moved into my new place which is sans internet or cable for the time being.

I will be checking this and my email from time to time this week when I come down to jump. Let me know what the score is, who I am giving a lift to, how I can contact them, etc.

Tattoo

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
mud'n'sweat said:
wannabeabonedoc , I don't know why I didn't mention this earlier, but I just re-read the first two pages and saw where you mentioned the trade in. I know Rockfish takes Trek's on trade in typically. Just saw an old Trek 8900 traded in for a credit toward a Cannondale Rush 600 recently.

Where is rockfish? And bussaframe, yeah come on down. Bring what ya got too. There'll be a thread started closer to the 4th to post up a roll call and who's bringing what and phone numbers I guess. Untill then, catchalater

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Rockfish is in Waynesboro just down the street from my house. It's in town at the base of Afton Mtn. right off of 64. Jackson is the main guy for the bike stuff and a really good person to deal with. Damn good rider from what I understand as well.

I'm off wednesday (tomm.) and Thursday if you want to come up and check Rockfish out. We can go for a ride too if you want. I'm trying to hit up some really fun stuff at Walnut Creek. We can get a clydesdale team trip going ;)

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
wannabeabonedoc said:
Where is rockfish? And bussaframe, yeah come on down. Bring what ya got too. There'll be a thread started closer to the 4th to post up a roll call and who's bringing what and phone numbers I guess. Untill then, catchalater
Thanks for the info. I'll be down in Bridgewater that weekend so it won't be a problem. No matter what bike I am on.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
VaNIlLin81 said:
hmm...does anyone in c-ville have an extra 6 inch disc rotor?..thought id ask since everyone looks at this thread
I think I do actually. I'm coming into town to ride at Walnut tomm. but have to pick my bike up from Performance first.