Quantcast

Cycle Recycle in Waynesboro VA

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
mud'n'sweat said:
Rockfish is in Waynesboro just down the street from my house. It's in town at the base of Afton Mtn. right off of 64. Jackson is the main guy for the bike stuff and a really good person to deal with. Damn good rider from what I understand as well.

I'm off wednesday (tomm.) and Thursday if you want to come up and check Rockfish out. We can go for a ride too if you want. I'm trying to hit up some really fun stuff at Walnut Creek. We can get a clydesdale team trip going ;)

Thanks for the invite, but all my freetime except for the 4th of march is going to be spent getting ready for the MCAT in april. I know it sounds pointless to take the mcat since I already got in to medschool, but I have to get a better score so I can be eligible for an army scholarship. The numbers add up better if the army pays for medschool. Somewhat like this::teacher:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Bonedoc,

Please talk to my wife and to me before you get real serious about the Army thing. She's Navy, doing the exact same thing, and there are pitfalls all around. Think before you sign man!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
BussaFrame said:
I'll be down in Bridgewater that weekend.
perfect, you are in direct route for everyone else. We'll be taking the bridgewater exit into bridgewater, then taking 42N to 257W I think. I forget the route numbers but I have driven out there several times.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wood-dog said:
Are you speaking about the black Rush that had the shock seize up on it?
Actually, no, but damn close. The one he got in with the seized shock was one they ordered to keep in stock after they sold the initial model. The first Rush was sold before it was built. Apparently the guy brought his old Trek in the morning it arrived to see about a trade in and decided to go with the Rush. I did get to cruise it around the parking lot for a secong to see how that leftie felt. I thought the bike had a pretty good feel to it, but I'm still not a huge cannondale fan. Never have been for some reason. Talk about a quick sale!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Definitely is. I take it you stop into Rockfish from time to time? You should let me know next time you are over this way.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
wood-dog said:
Just kidding, I work there a couple of days a week in the bike dept when Jackson has the day off.

I'll be there thursday morning. Probably not to ride, but just to get an estimate of the worth of my trek. I'd love to trade it in for something, but not a cdale rush. Me no likey lefty fork. But, if they have a gemini, Id do that.....:rolleyes: I'm hopeful. See you thurs. I'll be there about 1 pm.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
But I won't be there Thurs! Jackson will be back in on that day, However, I will be in there tomorrow all day if you can make it! But if not, when you head out on Thursday, I would be up for meeting you for a ride if you are interested after you get your estimate

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Hahaha, no way, that's funny. It's a wonder I have never run into you there! Jackson is building the Ellsworth once I get the rest of the parts together sometime this weekend. Waiting for a few pieces to come in. I thought I knew everyone in that place. What days do you work?

Oh, and I'm likely down to ride thursday.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I just started there yesterday, so that should explain why you don't know me yet. Jackson and I were talking about your ellsworth and he said he is going to build it up for you. Looking forward to meeting you and a ride this Thursday sounds good to me! Lets talk bonedoc into meeting up with us too!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Awesome! that's great you are working there. I think you'll like it. That shop is the tits :cool:

I'll probably swing by and say hi tomm. .... what time do you work?

It's good they have someone there now when Jackson is off. Nobody else knows a whole lot about bikes so they are a bit jammed when someone comes in randomly on his days off.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Well, I am a bike junkie and I have worked in and out of shops for years so when I am there the shop is in good hands. Stop by anytime between 10am-6pm, I will be there all day, Brother.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I hate weather. I hate snow so much it makes my teeth hurt. So it seems that tomorrow is iffy as to whether or not we'll make it up there.
:redhot: :mumble: :redhot: :mumble: :redhot: :mumble: :redhot: :mumble: :redhot: :mumble: :redhot: :mumble: :redhot: :mumble:
I'm bringing the wife and kid along so it'll be fun but sorry fellas, there's no way I could get in a ride. I have homework and a kaplan MCAT prep class that night.
Seeing as you work at the shop woody, you should take a look at my bike and see if it's even worth bringing up! I'll come up anyway, but just a thought...
It's on page 3 or 4 of this thread

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
VaNIlLin81 said:
tattooo are you giving me a ride to reddish?..just checking, need to work out what im doing that weekend
Yea man, I got ya. I am going up Saturday afternoon/night to sleep in the back of the truck, or in a cheap hotel. PM me your numbers, we'll work out the details.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Tattooo, you know we are meeting Saturday morning to ride, right? And for the details, I will be posting a thread this weekend regarding the trip and I will be taking names and #'s so we have a solid idea as to who will be showing up and who will need a ride etc. And you know what? I am freaking excited about this trip too! Should be a great day!

And as for Mr. Funnyman A.K.A. sk6: I have to admit that what you quoted me on really does sound gay! But in my defense, I was talking about his Ellsworth FRAME!

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
so wood dog, are you "in" enough at the shop to say "woody sent me" and get a discount!!!! Just kidding. Word. All my hatred of the snow caused it to melt!.
Tip for the day= dont be afraid of oranges.

edit* so this explains what is said above. 1st I'm really tired, but have a lot to do. 2nd, you all know about that knob thing that forms when they suck the seeds outta oranges, well, here's what the one I just had looks like. Oh, with some organic chemistry on the paper for added nerdy-ness

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I am so freakin' lost on what it is you just said but it really dosen't matter because when you go in to Rockfishgap, just ask for Jackson and tell him you are a frind of mine and he will work with you as best as possible. Jackson is good people!

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
• In Norfolk a woman can't go out without wearing a corset.

hmmmmmmm :cool: ..thats pretty interesting i came across this on a website

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
ok ok..i finally have one good idea.

Walnut Creek ride while you are food day....me and and a couple of friends where talking about dressing up as food and riding at o-hill or walnut creek one day...and i claim a ho-ho,it will prolly be walnut creek and if anyone is interested just post or something..it wont be till it warms up..or if you think we are total dumbasses come out and ride anyway.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
wood-dog will be posting a new thread tonight or tomm. for this trip. We will be getting the full info together including rides and contact info.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Mtnbikerboy00 said:
I was just lookin at this thread and got bored so I googled reddish knob and found some cool stuff. 1. Reddish is the highest point in Va.
I thought Mt. Rogers was. Maybe Mt. Rogers is the tallest mountain, but just starts at a much lower elevation.