Quantcast

Cycle Works on 41st Ave?

Monkey
I heard from totally random sources who do know the pulse around Capitola that they went out of business. Odd considering they just moved across the street.

Sad if they did. they were the only decent choice apart from family cycling in the capitola area.

I heard from totally random sources who do know the pulse around Capitola that they went out of business. Odd considering they just moved across the street.

Sad if they did. they were the only decent choice apart from family cycling in the capitola area.
Yeah, they were only in the new store for like a year or so? Anyway, sad to see a shop go. Must be hard to compete against Family now that they're carrying Specialized.

I saw the for lease sign like a week ago, figured I'd jump in and see what was up and the poof! They're gone. I thought they'd at least have some sort of fire sale.....

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wonder if they left on bad terms with the property manager?

Glad to hear they just moved somewhere else. Probably to a better location without a much bigger bike shop a block away.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
I talked to some of the guys who work at Family this sunday and they said Cycleworks is gone.Not sure why but i was told they had a blow out sale and in the course of a week just packed up and left.So it looks like they are done, not just moved.

elcheezzy

Chimp
Mar 4, 2008
they did not move they closed down i talked to the owner jeff. he said that family cycling center signed with specialized so they lost there contract with specialized. and only had releh and norco. so they closed. it suckes, they rocked.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Yeah, I surfed a rare day at the hook a couple of weeks ago and noticed they were gone. I wondered what happened, although I never used them for anything other than to check out some Spec models. Too bad.