Quantcast

Cyclingnews 26 V 29 Test Part 1

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
they should have made the 29 with the smae cs lenght.
even if it took more work.

that one lenght make a bike completelly different.

all results imo are null and void.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm not sure I get why they wanted the bikes to be so similar. Each wheel size requires optimal geometry to get the most out of the bike's ride don't you agree?

These comparisons are kind of boring to me.

I'm enjoying the 29er experience right now, but simply because it is a fun way to ride a mountain bike. I'm not going to kill myself because I find out that I'm actually expending more energy to ride it. If that is the true case, then all the better - that many more calories burned! :)

I ride my Karate Monkey because it is a fun and relatively simple bike to ride - that's enough for me.

hitekrdnk

Monkey
May 15, 2006
MMcG said:
These comparisons are kind of boring to me.
Me two and about 5 years too late to boot. It's already been done several times by publications, Mountain Biking did it a few years ago with a couple of Kelley SS bikes and MBA did one recently with a few Fishers. Along with the many that have done it by themselves because afterall who really cares what others think about how to have your fun, in fact alot of the fun is being taken out of this because some folks are taking it way to seriously and can't seem to make a move without needing to have someone hold their hand. Some of the fun of having fun is having fun finding out whats fun. On your own. Well at least I know it is that way personally.