Quantcast

Cyclocross Categories Info

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
Well. I have decided to do cross now along with xc in the summer. I am planning on getting a Surly Cross-Check because I have a friend that can get me a new one for cheap.

Anyways, I've emailed a few people and looked all over usacycling.org to try and find what the different categories for cyclocross are.

I'm just looking for a simple overview of the basic categories offered and what each one is like. Thanks.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
I'm in Bailey, CO. About 40 miles from Morrison/Denver. I'm not too sure on what the series is called but its the races on coloradocyclocross.com

SEPTEMBER
23 Pikes Peak SuperCross - Colorado Springs, CO
24 Red Rocks Velo Cross #1 - Golden, CO
30 Boulder CX Series #1 - Boulder, CO
OCTOBER
1 G-Men ‘Cross - Lakewood, CO
7/8 Gunnison Weekend - Gunnison, CO
14 Brecktobercross - Breckenridge, CO
15 Frisco Cyclocross - Frisco, CO
21 DBC Cyclocross - Boulder, CO
22 Boulder CX Series #2 - Boulder, CO
29 Boulder CX Series #3 - Boulder, CO
NOVEMBER
4 USGP CX - Longmont, CO
5 USGP CX - Boulder, CO
11 DBC Cyclocross - Boulder, CO
12 Red Rocks Velo CX Series - Golden, CO
18 Boulder CX Series #4 - Boulder, CO
19 Red Rocks Velo CX Series - Golden, CO
25 G-Men ‘Cross - Lakewood, CO
DECEMBER
3 Red Rocks Velo Cross Series - Golden, CO
9 Boulder CX Series/CO State Championship - Boulder, CO

Those are all the races that they list and I'm planning on doing as many as I can.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
I have done a few CX races. Brecktober cross was a really cool one, and I hope to do that again this year.

I like the boulder series as well. The only thing I don't enjoy at these front range courses is the goathead thorns. :rant:

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
Haha. Yeah, I got into skiing this winter and bought a pair of skis for $350 with bindings brand new and I might sell them to get a cross bike. I'm really liking it, I rode one today at bicycle village and it was awesome. Lighter and almost more fun than my XC bike.. almost. Anyways, I'm for sure going to do as many races as I can, I'll bring the old guy with me so he can give me some tips since he used to race cross. Any suggestions as to what kind of a cheap cross bike would be good besides the Surly, I might not be able to get one of those as my first bike so I was looking a Bianchi or Fuji, thats what bicycle village stocks and I can get a fair deal on them.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
I checked out the redlines and I didn't like them all that much. Plus I can't seem to find any at bicycle village.

I also checked out the Bianchi Cross Concept and Axis, the Trek, a few Specialized, and last years Fuji Cross Comp I think it was for $600. I am leaning towards the Bianchi Cross Concept, its expensive but after looking at the specs and the weight on it, seems like a better bike.

Also, when I picked up all of the other bikes, the back end was heavier than the front by quite a bit but the Bianchi wasn't, thats why I am leaning more towards that one.