Quantcast

cyclocross-FOCUS Mares AX 2.0 Disk

Jul 31, 2012
im looking to get myself a FOCUS Mares AX 2.0 Disk. im riding a 58cm road bike but have been told to get a 56cm cyclocross. the problem i have with this is i can only seem to find 58cm bikes (i need it soon and don't have time for next years model. will this size give me problems?

the bike is being used for a bit of touring (trips upward of 1000km), riding around cities and some general fitness. id love to get into cyclocross to, but not this year. so its a bit of an all-rounder.

Cyclocross

Chimp
Aug 1, 2012
im looking to get myself a FOCUS Mares AX 2.0 Disk. im riding a 58cm road bike but have been told to get a 56cm cyclocross. the problem i have with this is i can only seem to find 58cm bikes (i need it soon and don't have time for next years model. will this size give me problems?

the bike is being used for a bit of touring (trips upward of 1000km), riding around cities and some general fitness. id love to get into cyclocross to, but not this year. so its a bit of an all-rounder.
Getting ready to launch a new site, Cyclocross.com, and I'd be happy to help you with sizing. Pretty sure we won't have more 58cms until the 2013's arrive (we'll have all Focus 2012 bikes on closeout when we launch), but I'm happy to help you choose the right size so you can buy it somewhere.

'Cross frame sizing can be a little unique, and the 56cm ("Large") AX 2.0 Disc has a 55.3cm effective top tube. If you can verify seat tube and effective top tube of your current road bike (or give me the year and model), I'd be happy to offer some 'cross bike fit advice geared toward your use (touring, getting around, and maybe dabbling in racing eventually).