Quantcast

Cyclocross is upon us!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
This will be my first year racing cyclocross and I am excited. My bike is on order (Dean titanium cx), and it won't be done until October so for the first few races this year I'll be taking out my mountain bike. First race...tomorrow night! It's a small local race down the street from my house - nothing big or fancy but something to do after work. :thumb: I need to get a look at what it's like so I can practice.

Damn, I'm excited!

Anyone else racing cross this year?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Heidi said:
This will be my first year racing cyclocross and I am excited. My bike is on order (Dean titanium cx), and it won't be done until October so for the first few races this year I'll be taking out my mountain bike. First race...tomorrow night! It's a small local race down the street from my house - nothing big or fancy but something to do after work. :thumb: I need to get a look at what it's like so I can practice.

Damn, I'm excited!

Anyone else racing cross this year?

mememememe!!!
i am building up my cx bike this week with basically whatever i can find laying around our shop (it will still be nice stuff most 9sp DA and ulterga mix). i probably won't have it ready for the first couple of practices this week but i will for next week. our season doesn't start till the end of october so i've got a bit of time but it will be here sooner than you know it!

good luck at your first race. don't treat it like a mtn bike race and try to weed your way up through the race. try to go out from the gun and fight for your position.....

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Yep yep yep! Attended a Cyclocross clinic in Boulder Saturday. 4 hours of skills practice and learning. It was great!

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, I'll be doing some CX racing in Seattle this fall. http://marymoor.velodrome.org/
I've raced some CX races in the past but this will be the first time I've made CX season a priority. I just got a Kona Jake The Snake. I'm way excited about CX season. Mainly I race XC MTB but I think CX is way more fun.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Won't be racing but I ride CX like the devil. My Empella has had road tires on it for months; I need to change those out and get used to running like an idiot.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Im going to be trying it this year for the first time too Heidi. Expecting to get pretty beat up but to hopefully have lots o fun :p