Quantcast

CycloCross Tired

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
JOJO said:
Can anyone suggest good cyclo cross tires that are under $40/each??????
http://www.store.yahoo.com/cyclocrossworld/clinchers.html

Take a look at the Michilin Muds, Continental Twister Pro's and the Ritchey speed max Kevlars. Use your 15% discount for participating in the Cross Clinic (when we get it).

I would almost go with the Continentals, only because they would be ok in most conditions. :)

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Cool! Thanks Squeak.

BTW My friend Shawn will be doing another cross clinic this month. Ill give you the details when I get them. :D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i've had really good success with the maxxis nimo's those are decently cheap, not exactly sure how cheap though. they will more than likely be right around that area though

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
s1ngletrack said:
I've had good luck with the Michelin's.
I have had good luck with Michelin Muds and Panaracer Crossblasters. The latter are lighter and smaller but have less grip. I thought they were a good compromise.

ahbrooks

Chimp
Dec 30, 2003
ca/ct
I just ordered a set of the michelin mud2's. I'll let you know once they're in. biketiresdirect.com also has a big selection on the cheap - I almost went for the hutchinsons before having the michelins recommended very highly by somebody whose opinion I trust.

Remember that tire pressure plays a big role with regard to traction/ride quality....don't be shy about playing around with pressures.