Quantcast

Cypress Mountain?

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Anyone put their time slot request in? Looks kind of sanitized from the photos on the website(cypressmountain.com). Does anyone know different?

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
No kidding, those trails look kind of boring... lots of wood work but thats about all, hopefully the photos are just of the wood work they've done and they forgot to take some of the trail portions...

I am waiting to hear how the first few weekends go, rather they work their bugs out before I go spend the money and time to head up.

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
I think it's a 'soft launch' of the trails. Cypress isn't promoting the trails too much because they aren't so good - Cypress won't join in the 'bro-card' until there are more trails.

There are some good trails lower down on Cypress that are very shuttle friendly. Pre-reaper, sex-boy, roach, roach clip, roach hit, family guy - they are all pretty fun and a different style than Fromme/Seymour. Much steeper too.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
according to todd (the lead builder) they are doing the easy trails first to lay the groundwork. afterwards, they are going to focus on laying down the harder trails.

the building is being done right the first time. they are going on the approach of "do it right the first time" rather than the way whistler did it...whistler is in a constant state of repair instead of constant growth...you pay your dues one way or the other...why not do it up front if you have the startup.

for anyone who has ever been to cypress to ride, you know that there is no shortage of steep and awesome riding...

cypress is only going to have one trail open for their opening day for half the price of normal riding.

will it be good? not sure. im going for my guided tour up there in the near future and will know more then.

neal - you are forgetting a few key trails there buddy...
5th, crack, hogans, mystery dh, blind skier, cherry, sex girl.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Bullitrider said:
Anyone put their time slot request in? Looks kind of sanitized from the photos on the website(cypressmountain.com). Does anyone know different?

Save your money and just shuttle the bottom trails. From what I hear they're charging a huge amount of money for very few trails. There was a heated thread on NSMB about it a couple weeks ago. Maybe next year it will be worth it, but it doesn't seem so this year.

Jun 18, 2004
I wanna ride cypress by next Tues... I was up at Whist Sat thru Tues... Cypress is closer but I never shuttled it before... I've got a shuttle truck... let me know... if not by Tues then the week after that...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
its okay for an hour or so, but after that it gets boring...so the trick is to ride faster each lap :)

they have something with serious potential going on there...give it time...

does anyone here have the priviledge of saying they rode whistler when it was only a couple trails? if you do, then you know these things take time :)