Quantcast

Cypress

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Anybody been up to the new park yet? I'm thinking about rolling it in a couple of weeks for a quick hit before Whistler in August, wondering if it's worth the drive.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Oh, I'm on that board too. I'm looking for the NW perspective, the shore bros are tending toward bitterness about it, but that's not necessarily the perspective a Washingtonian might have...

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
Do you mean the lift accessed part of Cypress? I dunno. I hear it's a work in progress.

I rode Cypress non-lift accessed on Saturday. I spent the better part of an hour and a half riding from the muni works yard to the last switchback [coiler]. Coiler was in sad shape, Sex Boy is getting better and better, and that was it. No lift tickets, no lineups, no problems. I heart Cypress.

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
I dunno about riding the lift, but the older trails on cypress are f - u - n! I was lucky enough to be given a tour of them earlier this season, and will definitely be back. They're a really nice alternative or Seymour or Fromme. More natural, a bit steeper, plenty of rock faces, and there's never a crowd. I hope that the lift won't suddenly draw a whole bunch of people to the lower trails and get them overcrowded.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I road the cypress lifts on thursday evening. trails are short not too hard, had fun, currently you could ride all the trails in an hour but they are still working hard everyday building. you can be up and down in under 15min easy. I spent 2.5 hours there and that was a good amount, I would not want to ride there all day. we went there on our way up to whistler, left early to do so. most of the jumps are too small and the trails are slower. trails are well built .