Quantcast

czech out what I got on Saturday (pic!)

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
D'oh... welcome to me last year.:ouch:

Get a stationary bike / trainer now and watch what you eat! I did nothing, yet didn't adjust my diet... :oink:

Has taken me 6+ months to get back to where I was pre-crash, and even that weight is 10lbs over what I should/want to be at.:mumble:

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Slugman said:

Get a stationary bike / trainer now and watch what you eat! I did nothing, yet didn't adjust my diet... :oink:

Has taken me 6+ months to get back to where I was pre-crash, and even that weight is 10lbs over what I should/want to be at.:mumble:

Yup, same thing two years ago. I didn't notice any difference until after I started rebuilding the muscle I lost from being off the bike for 10 weeks. I'm still a good 10-15 lbs heavier. But, I'm lazy and I like beer.

Heal up dude.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
"so early in the season" ... you took the words right out of my mouth.

I did this on a jump that I've hit 100 time. It isn't huge, maybe 15 feet and the first in a line of 7 jumps, but my chain skipped at the last stroke before the jump and I hit it ALL off balance and with my feet at like 6 and 12 o'clock.

My friend saw what happened and said I didn't have a chance. I thought I at least 50/50d it but I guess I nose-cased the tranny and got smacked into the ground. I didn't even get my arms up in time, but that may = good thing.

thanks for the well wishes, I appreciate it.

for those that have broken their collar bones, how long were you out of commission? I'm taking vitamin D and calicum and trying my best to keep everything in line ... any advice?

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Welcome to the injured club. All of the healing vibes i can spare are going your way

Btw I'm out for 5 more weeks with a seperated shoulder

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Slugman said:

Yeah but beer tastes so good when your hurt

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
~~~~~~~Healing Vibes~~~~~~~~~~~

In terms of recovery, enjoy the meds for a week or so. Then go easy on it for a while. Mine was in 3 pieces, and it took a good 8 weeks (maybe longer) to feel even remotely normal. When you get the OK from your Dr for rehab, do it religiously so you don't end up with problems later.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Nick said:
I hope you weren't expecting something COOL. :(

I'm so bored already ... sigh.
So, what did you do over the weekend?
Heads up I got the post :) It's perfect.

Sucks to hear that though! Take it easy, eat the pills, and go do the rehab. Only way it'll get better.