Quantcast

D Day...6 June 1944

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
68 years ago today the "greatest generation" (My Father and Uncle among them...) stormed ashore at Normandy to free a continent from a bunch of tyrants. Thanks guys...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My hats off to those men. Hopefully we never forget that $hit.

Sadly... I fear most of the world WILL forget it. Or maybe has already forgotten it.

If you get a chance - read some of the stories written by the guys that were there in the battles of WWII. Incredible stuff...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Google decided to honor the anniversary of the drive in instead of D Day. Collectively, I think we have forgot the greatest generation.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
My hats off to those men. Hopefully we never forget that $hit.

Sadly... I fear most of the world WILL forget it. Or maybe has already forgotten it.

If you get a chance - read some of the stories written by the guys that were there in the battles of WWII. Incredible stuff...
I'm a proud owner of this DVD set

my children will watch it
my children's children will watch it
and God willing, my children's children's children will watch it

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I went to Huertgenwald a few months back. The worst land battle of the war for the US. Rolling, thick woods that blot out the sun. Germans had years to prep defenses of the West wall...they are still finding UXOs and remains of kids who died there. An area that could have been avoided and isolated, saving thousands of lives on both sides. The Brits and French said it should simply be gone around, but US commanders thought differently.
I toured the battlefiled with a friend who is a history nut, and had been there before. A wealth of info and insight. Saw remains of fortiifcations with meter thick walls, so big they had to be imploded after the war...