Quantcast

D.O.C, sovereign or mob?

bigbodystyle

Chimp
Dec 27, 2005
louisville, kentucky
so im lookin for a bike to replace my old evil imperial and im stuck on what to get. I was just wondering if any one had any apinions on what frame to get, D.O.C, sovereign or mob, its going to be primarily used for dirt jumping but also used for some park.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Mob. My DOC was too slack/tall for "real" DJ/Park. Good trail bike, or maybe a good DJ bike with like a 2" fork, but not great IMO.

Soveriegn is better but it's too expensive and the ST is too tall.

The MOB is badass this year. I'd get one of those, it's the most purpose-built one of the 3. Strictly DJ/Street.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
I have a Sovereign and I love it. It is by far the best frame i've used for DJ/park. I have never tried a Mob/riot but they look like a good option aswell. I think either way you go you'll be happy.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
if you get the mob, get the long one. so you can x-up. the smaller size did not allow you to.

why cant you x up on the short?,, you just have to spin to the side of your back foot.

alot of the 26" dj bikes dont really have the room for bar spins though. even if i went with the long on my ToP, i dont think i could bar spin. i need almost 2 more inches for it to clear my shoe.

bigbodystyle

Chimp
Dec 27, 2005
louisville, kentucky
ive narowed it down to the sovereign or mob, im 5' 10''ish so should i get a reg. or long. I would like room to bar spin and x-up but i also want to keep it as flickable as possible, im going to be runnin a argyle on it whatever frame it is

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
you should be good on a regular Sovereign, I'm 5'11" and my reg. feels perfect. I don't have barspin clearance on mine(not like I could if I did) due to the fact I have a super steep HA(72*) with the 65mm fork, but with the argyle you should be good.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
ive narowed it down to the sovereign or mob, im 5' 10''ish so should i get a reg. or long. I would like room to bar spin and x-up but i also want to keep it as flickable as possible, im going to be runnin a argyle on it whatever frame it is
I was 6' on my reg. DOC. It fit good.

I had barspin clearance with a 3" MX Comp.