Quantcast

D. riff?

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
every now and then i see duncan riffle jogging along butterfly beach, in montecito, with an uber hot super hottie hot chick...

hot chicks with d-bags....lame!!!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
every now and then i see duncan riffle jogging along butterfly beach, in montecito, with an uber hot super hottie hot chick...

hot chicks with d-bags....lame!!!
How can you call someone with such sexy, flowy golden locks and killer tattoos a d-bag?

I had to show him how to open the gate to the pool at the open last year.........sexy maybe, smart he is not.:rofl:

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
Driffle needs to stop saying, "I don't just want to be the fastest American. I want to be the fastest in the world." Bangert is faster in the U.S. and Strobelight is faster on the WC.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Driffle needs to stop saying, "I don't just want to be the fastest American. I want to be the fastest in the world." Bangert is faster in the U.S. and Strobelight is faster on the WC.

taking nothing away from Bangert but he's won what, 2 national level races ever? and against what really has to be considered a pretty lousy pro field in VT and Sugar. Strobel's results seem to be getting better, much like Duncan's did the previous year but none of the 3 has consistently been substantially faster than the others all season. Their results are all over the board with a few highlights for each and all 3 of them seem capable of beating each other on any given day. That being said, I'm putting my money on Strobel in '08.

Current UCI rankings have them as the 3 top Americans.

43 Strobel, 272pts
76 Riffle, 175pts
139 Bangert, 91pts

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
I'm just saying that Duncan needs to stop proclaiming himself as the best American. Right now he's probably on par with Cody Warren and Cole Bangert but gets more media coverage because of his hair.

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
Since I am old and out of the loop, care to fill a bald fellow like myself in on how Riffle has so few fans?
Because us e-haters are jealous of his beach jogging hottie. Seriously, I've had dinner with him before and thought he was a great guy but he's just not that down to earth.

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Since I am old and out of the loop, care to fill a bald fellow like myself in on how Riffle has so few fans?
Hard to pin down to just one thing (not a slam at all). If I had to hazard a guess it would be that he often gives off that vibe of taking himself way too seriously. Is this the case? I don't really know. I think most people see him at the races or in his video parts, which he approaches with a level of seriousness/professionalism/focus/etc (call it what you will) that I've described to others as "trying to take the fun out of fun."

For the average American dirtbag kid just looking to score some weed, get laid and shred around on his bike, this is the ultimate turnoff. Does Duncan care? Hell no! He is busy on (what he percieves to be) the path to success on the international race circuit - his goals, not what others think is cool or what they are trying to get out of dh riding.

Combine that with the sometimes questionable fashion sense of the youth of today, and almost anyone can find a reason to not like him.

Hating on him for saying that he's the best American dh'er is lame. At the time he said that for the video part, he was the top ranked American by far and a two-time national champ. Gimme a break, the kid is FAST. You don't score top twenty at a World Cup (numerous times, and earned - not weather related like some) unless you are really freaking good.

Not liking him for his hair or tight jeans is weak and shallow.

If you don't like him because he seems self important and feels as if he always has to be right, I would ask that everyone please remember their own indiscretions of youth. We all go/went through periods where our sense of self is way disconnected from reality. Duncan has the incredible misfortune of growing up in front of a bunch of overly judgemental, gram-counting, downhill turds.

Hopefully he, and all of us, will be able to learn from our mistakes and improve ourselves both as people and riders.

Stop hating, stop weighing your bike parts and go dig.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i think ballr said some good points.

i like riffle because of his riding style. he muscles the bike around like its a little b!tch and pedals his ass off. now if he could just have clean runs he would be up there most of the time.

i cant hate on riffle because i do not know him as a person. and i bet 90% of you that hate on him dont know him as a person either. so grow up get off the stupid computer and ride. be better then riffle so you have a reason to talk sh!t.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
When I was fort bill world cup a couple of years ago Riffle was showing fans his sunday and explaining how the suspension system worked etc. He was approaching fans and chatting to them whilst working on his own bike. Telling them what he thought of the course, what he liked about the country he was in etc.
I have never seen any other pro do things like that before.
He struck me as being a nice guy and a perfect ambassador for sponsors .
How old is he? like 20? He could easily become a top contender within 5 years imo.

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
Looking at my past post is looks like I really don't like Duncan but that's not true. He is faster than anyone on this board so we're not calling him slow. He just sets hard-to-accomplish, long term goals instead of easier, short term ones.

I'm just going to dig myself into a hole I don't want to be in if I keep posting in this thread so I'm just going to say best of luck to him and his segment on mtbcut.tv is really good.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I don't care if our racers are dicks in tight pants. I just want to see american racers on the podiums at world cups again. I'm gunna be pissed if I have to race the cups on my big hit to reclaim our crown.

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
since when did racing become about fans? its about racing...duhh

also, no one can be the best on a world cup if no one wants to send them

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
ballr-that was a informative and entertaining post....thanks.

My experience with the kid is not all that deep, but I will say at the 04' worlds, which was my last world champs working in the bike business he was the only junior kid that actually gave a sh1t about trying his hardest-while the other junior tools were out doing lookbacks across the finish jump and trying to bang horrendous french girls, Riffle had his head to the grindstone the whole trip. He was always nice and cordial to me and still was when I saw him in whistler this past summer, desite that fact that I am a bike industry nobody.
Ah well, hope he gets what he's after... whether it be a big race win, a sponsor, or a hot-beach joggin SB roach.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
a friend of mine bought his gold sunday from the worlds and he came across as a really nice guy. he sent some signed posters and shirts, that kinda stuff. he also spent a while on the phone explaining his set up on the bike and about racing ect.

bikedh7

Monkey
May 23, 2006
big bear city
Hard to pin down to just one thing (not a slam at all). If I had to hazard a guess it would be that he often gives off that vibe of taking himself way too seriously. Is this the case? I don't really know. I think most people see him at the races or in his video parts, which he approaches with a level of seriousness/professionalism/focus/etc (call it what you will) that I've described to others as "trying to take the fun out of fun."

For the average American dirtbag kid just looking to score some weed, get laid and shred around on his bike, this is the ultimate turnoff. Does Duncan care? Hell no! He is busy on (what he percieves to be) the path to success on the international race circuit - his goals, not what others think is cool or what they are trying to get out of dh riding

Combine that with the sometimes questionable fashion sense of the youth of today, and almost anyone can find a reason to not like him.

Hating on him for saying that he's the best American dh'er is lame. At the time he said that for the video part, he was the top ranked American by far and a two-time national champ. Gimme a break, the kid is FAST. You don't score top twenty at a World Cup (numerous times, and earned - not weather related like some) unless you are really freaking good.

Not liking him for his hair or tight jeans is weak and shallow.

If you don't like him because he seems self important and feels as if he always has to be right, I would ask that everyone please remember their own indiscretions of youth. We all go/went through periods where our sense of self is way disconnected from reality. Duncan has the incredible misfortune of growing up in front of a bunch of overly judgemental, gram-counting, downhill turds.

Hopefully he, and all of us, will be able to learn from our mistakes and improve ourselves both as people and riders.

Stop hating, stop weighing your bike parts and go dig.
Strong points. Its simple, the guy is fast. So what if he wears tight jeans? One of the few Americans with that kind of determination to get on the podium

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Duncan is a nice guy. Sincere, talented and actually gives 2 ****s about what he is doing and who he represents.

He may be a bit odd on some fronts, but he is one of the nicest guys in the sport who will go out of his way to say hi to fans and make people feel welcome. Besides, it'd be boring as hell if everyone was the same, right?

Hopefully he sorts out his sponsorship for this season shortly.

It is plausible that Duncan may ride for the cut squad. They were working hard to pick up a few big name riders over the last few months, and actually had decent offers.

a friend of mine bought his gold sunday from the worlds and he came across as a really nice guy. he sent some signed posters and shirts, that kinda stuff. he also spent a while on the phone explaining his set up on the bike and about racing ect.
I bought his Yeti 4x a couple years ago and he was really cool. Sent me some tires, shirts, hats, stickers, etc.. then I saw him at the sugar nationals that year and told him my name and he remembered exactly who i was and had me hang out in the pits for a while. Seemed like a good guy who sincerly loves what he does and is working hard to get where he wants to be in his career.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Duncan is a nice guy. Sincere, talented and actually gives 2 ****s about what he is doing and who he represents.

He may be a bit odd on some fronts, but he is one of the nicest guys in the sport who will go out of his way to say hi to fans and make people feel welcome. Besides, it'd be boring as hell if everyone was the same, right?

Hopefully he sorts out his sponsorship for this season shortly.

It is plausible that Duncan may ride for the cut squad. They were working hard to pick up a few big name riders over the last few months, and actually had decent offers.

Plus a billion.

I've been hearing rumors that he'll be riding for Intense in '08 but highly doubt that.

Hope he works out the sponsors for '08 soon though. Does anybody know if he got his "truck" taken away when Honda disolved? I don't see him driving around town in that anymore.