Quantcast

D2 Helmet Help

SthFRider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2008
Atlanta,Ga
I just got my tld d2 from fed ex. It fits great and everything i just have a quick question. On the chin/jaw guard right where your chin is there is the pad that kinda flips down near the bottom what is that for? I have heard of people cutting it out. What have ya'll done? Does is serve a specific purpose?

Feb 9, 2010
Slow Cal
Cut it off, it just gets in the way. Depending on the D2, some of them came with a little rubber "bridge" on the top of the jaw that I've cut off as well. It was just always in my field of view and served no purpose other than looks.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
A giant dirt clod cost me a race run one time. A clod came up from under my old Giro and I sucked it straight into my wind pipe. I was going over a boulder and had to veer off course, drop my bike and hack the damn thing out, then get back on the bike.

Then once in Greenville sessioning, my riding buddies witnessed me do the exact same thing about to go over a boulder. Choked again. Apparently when I ride, I've got my O face in full effect.

When I bought my first D2 and saw that, I felt it made the helmet perfect! In 4 years since, no choking. :D